And to relax and unwind from a busy day you....

Talk about things close to your heart.

Moderator: Moderator

And to relax and unwind from a busy day you....

Postby Gold Usher on June 8th, 2010, 5:16 am

I couldn't wait to get home tonight, I even begged off work tonight in exchange for tomorrow night.
Been hot and sweltering (even though there is A/C) over glass and lead with a soldering iron all day and decided to say ENOUGH! Tonight's going to be MY TIME!

Tonight to relax, I got in my cold spa (well it is unheated :lol:) with a glass of wine and my current book.
There I stayed for about an hour and a half enjoying the wine, words and scent of gardinia and honeysuckle in bloom not less than 5 feet away. Could have been paradise with the right company :)

So when you reach almost the last knot on your rope, what do you do unwind and get that 'refreshed' feeling afterwards? What do you do when you have a case of the MeMeMeMe~ies?
Gold Usher

Re: And to relax and unwind from a busy day you....

Postby tracy on June 8th, 2010, 9:01 am

:D as im a carer at home i like to chill out when ive got some me time on my laptop it chills me out or watching tom dvds .taking the dog for his walks mind you today its raining here and buster dont like it if its to bad so he just goes in the garden and if it stops then he will go for his walk or just doing other things around the house or garden and some tv i[color=#8040BF] [color=#8040BF]will watch.and not forgetting going to visit frinds and family and when mum is ok taking her out when she wants
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby jaybee on June 8th, 2010, 10:24 pm

I drive. I just get in the car and point it in some random direction. Once out of the city, I find a side road I've either never been down (not many of those left :D ) or that I've not been down for a while.

I often get lost, but eventually end up somewhere that I recognize.

In another life I might have been a truck driver. Not in this life, though -- this is the land of ice and snow in the winter. You can't relax and enjoy the drive when you're in the middle of an ice storm or a blizzard!
jaybee

Postby Moderator on June 8th, 2010, 10:56 pm

... Come here and enjoy myself.

Oh,

"Wait, wait!"
Dr Who IV

this IS my job. (Well, one of them anyway.) But this place is living the QUOTE:

"If you love your job, you will never work a day in your life."

And all I can say to that is another famous QUOTE:

"Amen Brother, Amen Sister, And Amen again!"

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Postby mikotyk on June 9th, 2010, 3:10 am

I listen to music. It does the trick every time.
Someday, my ship will come in, but with my luck, I'll be stranded at the airport!
mikotyk

Postby donnarose on June 12th, 2010, 5:00 pm

Hmm, let's see. . .

If I'm going out to relax, I like to go to bookstores (used books, preferably--some real gems can be found there) or antique stores. :)

If I'm staying home, I like singing to musicals (Evita is one of my favorites), dancing to 60s, 70s, or 80s music, vegetable gardening, visiting with friends on Facebook or other forums, watching MST3K, Dr. Who DVDs, or classic movies from Netflix, and reading.
Love begins when the needs of someone else become more important than your own.
~Lao Wei
donnarose

Postby mikotyk on June 12th, 2010, 5:50 pm

my wife and I are addicted to bookstores. We recently found one near us which sells used books and paperbacks. I found an edition of H.G. Wells "War of the Worlds" from 1965. It seems that we are constantly taking books we've read off to the library to donate them only to replace them with new ones whenever we come across a bookstore.
Someday, my ship will come in, but with my luck, I'll be stranded at the airport!
mikotyk

Postby Gold Usher on June 13th, 2010, 11:18 pm

Thunder and rain has just driven me out of the spa but I do have a spate of glass work to continue on.
Nice to be able to take a break after lunch for a dip. I did finish reading "The Diana Chronicles" just before the first raindrops came down so will be in need of another book. No wait...have one Roald Dahl's to pick up on with. Just took it off the shelf this morning!

My problem with book stores, if I don't have a particular one in mind, I can wander for an hour and maybe be impulsive enough to buy one. Now I know I do want "Dear Theo" but not sure if it's currently in print. Last time I saw it was back in 1974 at a friend's house where I was sitting for a pastel portrait.
Gold Usher

Postby mcalldp on June 15th, 2010, 8:24 pm

I like to either play/write music or watch old sci-fi/horror films like "Them!" or "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" (original please) reading is nice too and in the right time of year a trip to the beach (I'm in Florida) well....The Atlantic side anyway, now that the oil is hitting on the gulf coast.

Listening to music, I enjoy: Tresspassers William (Different Stars), Mazzy Star (Among my Swan) or some Pink Floyd....If it's raining out and I'm home these items set the most relaxing mood with a few candles about as well.
~sHiNe oN~
mcalldp

Return to Home, Hearth and Heart