The BONFIRE thread!

Talk about things close to your heart.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: The BONFIRE thread!

Postby tracy on March 9th, 2010, 10:00 am

:D that sounds like a very nice recipe dirk .i like the smell of bonfires its like when you stand next to some one smoking a cigar i love that smell
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby madgoth on March 9th, 2010, 2:56 pm

I would have to disagree with you, dear. cigar and bonfire do not smell the same. :lol:
madgoth

Postby tracy on March 9th, 2010, 3:22 pm

:D sorry i meant i also love the smell of cigars silly me worded it wrong lol
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Sarah on March 19th, 2010, 5:17 am

There is a growing pile of prunings now in my front yard they should be dry enough in time for the burning season. I love the smell of burning eucalypt, but only under control it is not a nice smell in the middle of summer here, it is the smell of fear and destruction and doom in summer, no doubt most people have heard of the Victorian bushfires we had here not long ago that was a terrible terrible time, and sadly I did know some people effected by it.
While the cool weather burn offs are fun the threat of fire in our bush is always in mind so we have a very strong respect for fire. But that is why it is good to burn off all the rubbish in winter, and do a big cleanup to get things neat and tidy for summer next year.
Sarah

Previous

Return to Home, Hearth and Heart