my computer course

Talk about things close to your heart.

Moderator: Moderator

my computer course

Postby tracy on August 13th, 2013, 8:48 pm

all this month for 2 or 3 days week im taking a course on ECDL which is doing and upodating my computer skills if that what you call it as it will help me if i know more so when i do apply for jobs some of them want you to have computer update and there is alot that i didnt know and ive had my laptop for 7 years .im on this course which has been recomended by the job centre plus i go to as i asked them and i dont have to pay so by the end of the course which ends on 2nd of september but also it could take till the 20th as i did a mock exame the other day last tuesday and got 42percent which was good then on saturday i took it again and it was 64per cent so thats good but need 72 percent to get to do my real exam then once ive passed if then i get a first ever exam certivecate which ive never done an exam before so i hope to do it with all the revising im doing i never know there was alot to know
tracy with out the E
tracy

Re: my computer course

Postby Betty on August 13th, 2013, 9:10 pm

Good luck with it! And if you ever have a computer-related question, I can help.
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Postby Captain Rum on August 14th, 2013, 3:20 am

I did a course back in 2001, just a really basic one, but for similar reasons as yourself as I hadn't been on a computer since '89 when I left school and needed to be up to date with e-mails, computer programming, browsers and the like. This was before I had my own PC but needed it for work (most places use computers) and spend most of my time now working from home due to my health. Hope it all goes well Tracy and if you don't understand a part of it then don't be afraid to ask whoever's in charge of the course, it's what they're there for. I remember at school being the type who was too proud or embarrased to ask the teacher for help and would try to do everything by myself!

As for computers in the present...I know more than I used to but it's still just the basics and then other things like updating security on a regular basis, but I'll never be an expert :?

All the best for it Tracy, keep us posted :D
"Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....me laddie!"

"You damned courtiers to the Queen, you're nothing but lap dogs to a slip of a girl!"

Hope to meet a nautical cove or two online to chat about Tom, "Who", etc :-)
Captain Rum

Location: Yeovil....but only when my Tardis needs an overhaul.

Postby tracy on August 15th, 2013, 6:11 pm

yesterday i did a mock exam again and got 74 then did my real exam and got 58 percent whats all that about ay i cant get my breath at that you see the questions are diff from the mock so they try to catch you out it certainly did with me but i will have another go in a few days time and i wont let you know till ive passed it if i do but i wont give up thanks also its suprizing what you didnt know and know now sort of :lol:
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Graceful Leonard on August 16th, 2013, 8:04 pm

Best of luck, Tracy.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby philipdalton on August 16th, 2013, 9:44 pm

I keep meaning to answer on this thread & now I will finally get down to it. I have many computer certificates to my name & have written a book on the history of computers.
I am currently doing a Microsoft Powerpoint course. Good luck with what you're doing anyway.
“Oh yeah, you really got me now, you've got me so I don't know what I'm doing"
philipdalton

Postby tracy on August 17th, 2013, 2:53 pm

thanks and good luck with your course to philip let us know how you get on :)
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby bonita4k2p on August 23rd, 2013, 10:36 pm

Good luck, Tracy! :mrgreen: I've been using computers for 30 years and still don't know everything.
bonita4k2p

Postby tracy on August 24th, 2013, 2:26 pm

tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby tracy on August 30th, 2013, 5:09 pm

i didnt pass my exam but im enrolling on a cutomer service course on the 9th of september with the same people its for 3 weeks so i wont know what it intails till i enroll other then customer service i wont know what ive got to do will find out when im there :)
tracy with out the E
tracy

Next

Return to Home, Hearth and Heart