4 days to go till my big walk

Talk about things close to your heart.

Moderator: Moderator

4 days to go till my big walk

Postby tracy on April 12th, 2013, 5:38 pm

omg from today i have only 4 days to go before i do my big walk where is the time going .as it is on the 25th and 26th of may but i go down on the 24th as they have an over night camp where for those that live to far away can be given any last minute detail and have a pasta dinner .also in 2 weeks time i will be sent an email for the location to where i have to be on the friday for the overnight camp .and the spot where i will be going from to do my walk on the saturdaywhich i think will be old deer park richmond but will know the full details soon
Last edited by tracy on May 21st, 2013, 2:26 pm, edited 7 times in total.
tracy with out the E
tracy

Re: 7 weeks to go to my big walk

Postby Betty on April 12th, 2013, 6:38 pm

This sounds very exciting. How long is it?
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Postby tracy on April 14th, 2013, 1:34 pm

its over 24 hours 60 miles betty london to brighton there are stops along the way for the loo and bits to eat plus i wil have things in my ruck sack i will have to .i did a 7 hour walk yesterday for my trainning with a 10 min stop for a bite to eat as i didnt want to stop any longer i just wanted to get on with it i walked along the canal plenty of people about fisher men .boats going along or moored up other walkers and runners and people on there bikes to so it wasnt to bad then on the way back it started to rain so ita good thing i had my coat in my ruck bag .and after all that do you think i could sleep nooooooooooooooooo its the same every time i doa walk for my trainnin so god knows what it will be like when ive done the big walk i should sleep then .i got home yesterday had a cup of coffee a nice relax in the bath and went to bed early about 9ish i went
:D :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Betty on April 14th, 2013, 4:41 pm

It sounds lovely. Maybe I should do it too sometime in the future. The most I ever walked in one go was a bit over 20 miles. But in my defence, it was in very bad terrain - climbing up the highest mountain in the country I live in and then across the neighbouring mountaintops. Good luck with your training, Tracy!
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Postby tracy on April 15th, 2013, 12:41 pm

thanks betty im doing it for macmillan i memoury of my mum and others :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Re: 3 more saturdays to go for my big walk

Postby tracy on May 4th, 2013, 4:37 pm

yes only 3 more saturdays to go ive had the final infomation come though via email i will be starting off at richmond old dear park at 7am .its in 9 stages 12km each.70percent of the walk is by public footpath and the rest by road ending up along the coast finsihing at brighton.race coruse some time around the sunday i will have a my mobile with me as i will have to put contact nos in of the controll centre who will be there for us if i get lost but i dont think i will as it will or should be well signposted .also i will have some stuff come in the post that i will need to take with me
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Graceful Leonard on May 5th, 2013, 2:26 pm

tracy wrote:yes only 3 more saturdays to go ive had the final infomation come though via email i will be starting off at richmond old dear park at 7am .

Old Deer Park is a place very close to my heart. I think that's a good omen for your walk, Tracy. Very best of luck.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby tracy on May 5th, 2013, 4:09 pm

thanks gracefull :)
tracy with out the E
tracy

Re: 4 days to go till my big walk

Postby tracy on May 21st, 2013, 2:28 pm

its coming round so quick now 4 days to go for my walk nearly sorted out what im taking with me in my ruck bag just acouple of more things to get :)
tracy with out the E
tracy

Re: 4 days to go till my big walk

Postby kay on May 24th, 2013, 8:02 pm

Good luck to you, Tracy! That is such an impressive goal, and for such a good cause.
kay

Next

Return to Home, Hearth and Heart