Shows from childhood we still miss!

Talk about the films you're seeing, programmes you're watching and books you're reading.

Moderator: Moderator

Shows from childhood we still miss!

Postby Sarah on March 6th, 2010, 2:17 am

Apart from Doctor who what other childhood TV shows do you remember with joy?

Last night I had a 'moment' when I found my old 1981 Japanese voltron and looked it up on ebay!!! WOW I was a big Voltron fan so were my friends at school, if I had only known what this toy would be worth one day I would have never taken it out of the box! Lol well I was a kid of course I would have haha. He has a bit of damage from years of playing with it and people seeing it on the shelf and grabbing it going I remember this! Wow!

He is as old as me! Made 1981 I was born the same year, I will never sell him.

I was also a big fan of The goodies, the young ones, faulty towers, the good life, and transformers, astro boy, Heman and Shera all the good stuff. I think the shows I had as a kid were ace and bring back good memories for me.
The Adams family. I felt pain when I realised how many toys my mother threw away as I got older... knowing what they are worth now, wishing I still had them *sigh* My doctor who collection is hidden though!
Sarah

Re: Shows from childhood we still miss!

Postby Gold Usher on March 6th, 2010, 3:37 am

Well if I still had the Fireball XL5 model toy I got back in 1964 with all the figures...(had it up to 1979)
and the lunch box too (that disappeared along the way) ..that'd be worth a small bit of change :lol:

Some day I'll have to look up some of the old "Man from U.N.C.L.E." episodes...
but what I'd really like to see again is the Jon Gnagy series on drawing. I remember those when I was 4 years old.
Gold Usher

Postby jaybee on March 6th, 2010, 4:34 am

I didn't actually get to watch TV when I was a child. My mom finally gave in and bought a TV when I was about 13 years old. Only, at the time, we lived in northern Quebec where no one (except those of us living on the air force base) spoke English and there was only one channel and they broadcast in French. Except.... on Saturday night at midnight, we got a whole 15 minutes of The Three Stooges in English.

A couple of years later, we moved to the US and I got hooked on westerns: Wells Fargo, and later, Iron Horse, were both Dale Robertson (majorly hunkalicious) programs, Cheyenne was a Clint Walker (also on the major and hunkalicious roster) program. There was Bonanza, of course, and Wild, Wild West.

I also rather enjoyed such things as Sky King and Bachelor Father. I think Star Trek came along around that time and that was my first sci-fi intro. Been hooked ever since.
jaybee

Postby Sarah on March 6th, 2010, 12:31 pm

Lost in Space is another one I remember though not very well.
Sarah

Postby madgoth on March 6th, 2010, 1:46 pm

Lassie, Bonanza and Wonderful World of Disney. I loved the French Chef and Dark Shadows. Later when I was married Star trek, the Waltons, and Little House, and when I had my first daughter, Danger Mouse!

what an impact TV has had on us! :geek:
madgoth

Postby John on March 6th, 2010, 3:05 pm

Dallas, Dynasty, Moonlighting, Terrahawks, Star Fleet (anyone remember that...?), Knightmare, The Young Ones, Spitting Image............far too many to list!
John

Postby Sarah on March 6th, 2010, 4:35 pm

How did I forget Lassie! And there was another one with a dog, I love shows with dogs. Scooby doo! I think I had better shows growing up than kids have now. But we probably all feel like that about our own childhoods.
Sarah

Postby John on March 6th, 2010, 4:55 pm

Sarah wrote:And there was another one with a dog,

The Littlest Hobo!!

There's a voice
That keeps on calling me
Down the road
That's where I'll always be
Every stop I make
I'll make a new friend
Can't stay for long
Just turn around
And I'm gone again

*ahem* :oops:

A great show, and of course there was Gentle Ben!
John

Postby tracy on March 6th, 2010, 8:29 pm

medics with tom in and other tv and films with tom in. also they should bring back fame .flipper.dactary.bornfree
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Marcello Cristiano on March 9th, 2010, 7:03 pm

Shows I miss are:

-The Incredible Hulk(Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno series) I have the complete series plus reunion movies on DVD.
-The Transformers 1984-1987 Generation One Series(I have the complete series on DVD as well)
-The Dukes Of Hazzard
-G.I.Joe
-Thundercats
-Voltron(I remember the car Voltron, but I always loved the Lion Voltron better)
-Brave Starr
-Batman: The Animated Series
-Spider-Man (1960's animated series)
-Little House On The Praire(Little House is on CTS daily)
-The Waltons(I see the Waltons everyday on Vision T.V.)
-Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman
-Scooby-Doo
-Tom & Jerry
-Woody Woodpecker
-Laverne & Shirley
-I Love Lucy

As you can tell I watch a lot of T.V.! :D I guess you can call me a Russell T Davies, as I've heard and read that he watches a lot of T.V. 8-)
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Next

Return to TV, Film, Books and Music