Eurovision Song Contest

Talk about the films you're seeing, programmes you're watching and books you're reading.

Moderator: Moderator

Eurovision Song Contest

Postby philipdalton on May 10th, 2014, 10:03 pm

With all the contestants in the Eurovision Song Contest now having finished their performances, does anyone have a favourite one? And also, does anyone wish to discuss performances from Eurovision Song Contests of yesteryear?
“Oh yeah, you really got me now, you've got me so I don't know what I'm doing"
philipdalton

Re: Eurovision Song Contest

Postby tracy on May 11th, 2014, 3:44 pm

its not as good as it use to be i dont watch it no more .i remember when the likes of dana .bucks fizz.jonny logan and others were in it that was when it was good but now its lost its touch so i dont tune in sorry
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby tony ingram on May 11th, 2014, 6:41 pm

Actually, I caught the last two thirds of Eurovision yesterday for the first time in years and thoroughly enjoyed it. It seemed to have regained some of its old spark. Didn't agree with the winner though, I thought Italy, amongst others, were better.
tony ingram

Postby philipdalton on May 21st, 2014, 8:41 pm

We've tried every tactic in the book to win it over the years but nothing has worked. They tried a more established artist, Englebert Humperdinck, which wasn't fair to him as it resulted in him coming second to last in the end. The last time we did manage to win was in the 90's with Katrina & The Waves, and before that it had been in the 80's with Buck's Fizz.
I made a deplorable joke up at the time; Britain's won the Eurovision Song Contest for the first time since Buck's Fizz, since the drink was invented that is. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Oh yeah, you really got me now, you've got me so I don't know what I'm doing"
philipdalton

Return to TV, Film, Books and Music