Movies! Anyone seen a good one lately??

Talk about the films you're seeing, programmes you're watching and books you're reading.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Movies! Anyone seen a good one lately??

Postby cat9 on June 10th, 2010, 7:59 am

Interestingly enough at the half way mark of the year I've seen three movies at the cinema in total

One was a short re release of Withnail and I at a cinema in Melbourne where Paul McGann also gave a small introduction and did a Q n A

The other was a few nights later in Sydney . Another re release . A movie called The Red Shoes

and finally How to train your Dragon in 3D. It was a good flick but you know I actually preferred to watch the older movies , esp since Withnail and i is my all time favourite
cat9

Location: Hanging out with Marwood, drinking red wine and quoting Withnail

Postby philipdalton on October 30th, 2010, 12:24 pm

I watched "Life As We Know It" recently and that's quite good, although not necessarily very funny if it's intended to be a comedy.
“Oh yeah, you really got me now, you've got me so I don't know what I'm doing"
philipdalton

Postby tracy on October 30th, 2010, 4:30 pm

i started to watch saw 1V last night but fell asleep but i have recorded it i have seen saw 1 and 2 but need to see them againsoi can follow on with the other parts .theres plenty of blood and guts in that
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Marcello Cristiano on October 31st, 2010, 12:10 am

I saw Paranormal Activity 2 on Friday October 22nd. Needless to say it was the scariest movie I've ever seen! :shock: It was, believe it or not, scarier than the first one. I was actually afraid of the dark when I came home for the first time since I was very little. If anyone likes their horror movies filled with suspense and noises and makes your imagination run wild, then go see this one. There's no gore whatsoever. Horror movies with no gore tend to be the scariest ones. Me and my cousin Bruno saw it on opening night and every seat in the 700 capacity theatre was taken. The age group was mostly teens, twenty somethings, and thirty somethings. All the girls screamed in unison in the theatre. It was the most fun I've ever had at the movies! I recommend seeing the first one first on DVD, then go see this one. I'm telling you, you'll have a good ole' scare like you won't believe watching the 2 movies. The second one acts as a prequel and sequel all in one. Movies that have demons :evil: are usually scary. Watch the two movies soon as the Halloween season is fast approaching it's end.
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby tracy on October 31st, 2010, 11:19 am

:D i will have to look out for that film then marcello thanks .the more scary the better for me thats how i like my films
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby philipdalton on June 7th, 2012, 10:34 pm

I'm watching 'The Time Traveler's Wife' on Film4 at this very moment in time. Has anybody ever seen that? Highly original idea. It's about a man who suffers from a genetic condition causing him to disappear into a different time where he suddenly reappears wearing nothing but his birthday suit. Time travel but without the Tardis eh?
philipdalton

Postby Graceful Leonard on June 7th, 2012, 11:48 pm

I haven't seen the film but I consider the novel it's from to be a modern classic.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby tch on June 8th, 2012, 1:22 am

I've mostly been watching old TV shows on netflix, but did take time out to go see the Avengers!
Brilliant, epic and lots of other good descriptive words, said in a breathless fanboy voice.
tch

Postby philipdalton on June 8th, 2012, 6:52 pm

I've seen a couple of decent sci-fi movies with my friends at the cinema lately; Men in Black 3 (3d version) and Journey 2: The Mysterious Island. The first film deals with the phenomenon of time travel, a common theme in sci-fi. Does anyone on here ever consider the possibility of time travel becoming science fact one day?
philipdalton

Postby philipdalton on February 12th, 2013, 9:41 pm

Has anybody seen 'Lincoln' yet?
philipdalton

Previous

Return to TV, Film, Books and Music