Awake

Talk about the films you're seeing, programmes you're watching and books you're reading.

Moderator: Moderator

Awake

Postby philipdalton on July 28th, 2012, 7:46 pm

Recently the 2007 film 'Awake', which deals with the subject of anaesthetic awareness, was premiered on TV. Has anybody on here seen it?
“Oh yeah, you really got me now, you've got me so I don't know what I'm doing"
philipdalton

Re: Awake

Postby tracy on August 9th, 2012, 8:36 am

no sorry not seen it
tracy with out the E
tracy

Re: Awake

Postby philipdalton on August 23rd, 2012, 3:13 pm

Anaesthetic awareness, or anaesthesia awareness as it is also known, is the term used to describe the situation in which the patient has not been given enough anaesthetic to render them fully unconscious, but is paralyzed and therefore cannot scream for help. They may be able to hear music played in the operating theater and also surgeons talking, and in a certain percentage of cases they may be in agony from the surgery.
In the film 'Awake' the patient feels his chest being cut open during a heart transplant and has an out-of-body experience to escape the pain, during which he discovers that his wife and the other surgeons are plotting to murder him. (I won't spoil the story by letting you all in on what happens next by the way, if you wanna find out you've gotta watch the film).
“Oh yeah, you really got me now, you've got me so I don't know what I'm doing"
philipdalton

Return to TV, Film, Books and Music