What is your favorite music?

Talk about the films you're seeing, programmes you're watching and books you're reading.

Moderator: Moderator

What is your favorite music?

Postby Marcello Cristiano on December 12th, 2009, 9:14 pm

Here's a TOP TEN LIST of my favorite music:

10. Alice In Chains
9. David Bowie
8. Marilyn Manson
7. Nine Inch Nails
6. Led Zeppelin
5. Garbage
4. Stone Temple Pilots
3. Nirvana
2. The Beatles
1. Murray Gold

Does anyone else have any favorite music to talk about or list? :)
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Re: What is your favorite music?

Postby pattie anne on December 13th, 2009, 2:21 am

I like all kinds of music. But I think my most favourite song in the whole world is "If" by Bread. The "Muppet Show" had a guest puppeteer once, who did an act with that song as background, with his marionettes, and it was one of the most beautiful things I ever saw on TV.
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby Captain Rum on December 13th, 2009, 4:12 am

1) Queen
2) The Jam
3) Depeche Mode
4) Warsaw/Joy Division/New Order
5) Bauhaus/Tones On Tail/Love & Rockets
6) The Pixies
7) The Sisters Of Mercy
8 ) The Stranglers
9) David Bowie
10) Cocteau Twins
"Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....me laddie!"

"You damned courtiers to the Queen, you're nothing but lap dogs to a slip of a girl!"

Hope to meet a nautical cove or two online to chat about Tom, "Who", etc :-)
Captain Rum

Location: Yeovil....but only when my Tardis needs an overhaul.

Postby Mouser on December 13th, 2009, 8:53 pm

I like almost anything played on a piano besides country/western.

The only concerts I have ever paid to go to were performed by Billy Joel. Not only do I love his music, he is a great showman! He jokes and teases, plays the piano with his backside and lays across the piano like a saucy lounge singer. He's a hoot! He's also written classical pieces.

The last two concerts I saw he performed with Sir Elton John, also excellent!

I have some of the sheet music by these two as well as some classical. I play on my grandmother's 96 year old piano, an upright grand. It would cost more to move than it is worth to sell, but I won't part with it.

One favorite piece to play or hear is the Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven. It's like valium.

I loved all of the Muppet Show. They often featured singers and songs from the 60s. There were many beautiful songs written then. "If" is lovely, I agree PA.

I came of age in the 80s and the music was mostly awful.
Well, my doctorate is purely honorary, and Harry here is only qualified to work on sailors.
Mouser

Postby tracy on December 22nd, 2009, 5:42 pm

:D i like synthersised music im also in to gothic music im not a goth but its lovly to listion to nice and relaxing .i like the strings to cello.synthersised stuff i like is stuff like jean micheel jarre.skyany thats good .i also like queen.status que.eltonjohn.cliff.madonna . kyley.any thats good but mainley instrumental
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby blackhawkrush on December 26th, 2009, 10:15 pm

My band is RUSH, a canadian trio from Toronto. Excellent music and intelligent lyrics. None of that "baby,baby" stuff. :lol: I also enjoy heavy metal though I can't name a band that clearly stands out for me.
blackhawkrush

Postby tch on March 17th, 2011, 3:34 am

My list:
Beatles ( together or solo)
Jimmy Buffett
Muddy Waters
Peter Gabriel
Tom Jones
Moody Blues
Warren Zevon
Monkees
Talking Heads
tch

Postby mikotyk on July 26th, 2011, 7:48 am

I listen to different types of music. What i listen to at the time depends a lot on my mood and sometimes the season. Mostly, though, I listen to these bands:

10. Soundgarden
9. Train
8. Queen
7. Kings of Leon
6. Carlos Santana
5. Toad the Wet Sprocket
4. Bob Marley
3. Eagles
2. The Doors
1. Pearl Jam

Regards,
Mike Kotyk
Someday, my ship will come in, but with my luck, I'll be stranded at the airport!
mikotyk

Postby MCH on July 27th, 2011, 10:34 pm

That's a really tough question to answer as the world of music is so vast. I would have to start with aspects of music that I don't care for. I don't like words in a song to be repeated ad nausea. My nerves can't take electric guitar pieces that squeal endlessly just to be making noise with it. I don't like lyrics that are too vulgar or hateful. I can't listen for very long to twangy whiney voices.

I can't say that I like all the music produced by any one band. There's always some song that I won't care for at all and others that I love.

I do like some classical. I love getting lost in some pieces. It's fascinating how certain sounds can evoke memories and moods. I enjoy music from many musicals that I have watched. I agree with Mr. Tom that Judy Garland had a wonderful voice. I like some jazz and blues. Especially the older blues. I like zydeco and Cajun tunes. I love David Doucets songs. Listening to them reminds me of traveling for some reason, lol. His guitar work is very soothing to me. On the flip side of that I really like Van Halen's "Human's Being". Always have to crank that puppy up, lol.

I grew up with the Beatles, the Animals, the Rolling stones, the Who, the Beach boys, etc. I had four older siblings that listened to a variety of music. Some of it was rather different like an album called Head. It was a very early synthesizer based album. If listened to with head phones on the notes would feel like they were traveling through your head. Crazy man! Lol.

A few years back I went to see an orchestral performance of the Lord of the Rings movie. All I can say is WOW! The power of a full orchestra and four full choirs playing good music is like, well... awesome!!!

Well, that's all I have to say right now.
MCH

Postby Jacobden on November 23rd, 2011, 4:23 am

Mine is Pop music. I heartily enjoyed with these music.

Have a nice week.
Jacobden

Next

Return to TV, Film, Books and Music