Britain's/America's Got Talent, X Factor etc

Talk about the films you're seeing, programmes you're watching and books you're reading.

Moderator: Moderator

Britain's/America's Got Talent, X Factor etc

Postby Graceful Leonard on May 31st, 2011, 12:29 pm

Of course, talent shows are nothing new. But what do you think of shows such as Britain's Got Talent, X-Factor, American Idol etc?

I'm not a judgemental person, but these shows are clearly aimed at people with educational issues and absolutely no aspirations to drag themselves out of the foul soup of their primordial existence.

Should such programmes be banned?
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Re: Britain's/America's Got Talent, X Factor etc

Postby tracy on June 29th, 2011, 6:15 pm

i watched this years britains got talent and thought it was totol rubbish ok the lad who won it was good but with out simon cowel the other judges hadnt got a clue and were just putting any one in some of the time .if its like it next year im going to turn off
tracy with out the E
tracy

Re: Britain's/America's Got Talent, X Factor etc

Postby tch on July 1st, 2011, 2:07 am

The talent show stuff I see as harmless goofery.

It's the stuff like 'Jersey Shore' and others that glamorize being drunks and idiots that make me want to start slapping people.
tch

Return to TV, Film, Books and Music