The Hobbit

Talk about the films you're seeing, programmes you're watching and books you're reading.

Moderator: Moderator

The Hobbit

Postby tch on June 22nd, 2013, 5:04 pm

Figured I'd mention seeing this, due to its 'Who' connection.

Sylvester McCoy was quite good in a role that was mostly exposition/set up to help with foreshadowing 'WHAT IS TO COME!"
I guess Peter Jackson had some doubts that we saw the other movies, or read the books, as he wasted a lot of film time building up to LotR.
Loved Mccoy's mode of transportation.

Not a bad movie, looks very nice and a solid cast, ( Martin Freeman would make a good Doctor) but there is no possible, sane, earthly, freakin reason for this story to be three movies!

The amount of padding and adding to the story was absurd and really hurt the bits where Jackson just followed the book and did a wonderful job.

Think I'll pass on the next two, unless, like this one I can see them for free.
tch

Re: The Hobbit

Postby Graceful Leonard on June 22nd, 2013, 6:07 pm

tch wrote:there is no possible, sane, earthly, freakin reason for this story to be three movies!

Y£$, I can't imagin£ why th£y cho$£ to do $uch a thing.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Re: The Hobbit

Postby tch on June 22nd, 2013, 9:13 pm

I've decided the easiest job on the planet is film editor on a Jackson film.
That man never cuts anything!
tch

Return to TV, Film, Books and Music