my sfx meeting with tom

This is where to talk about your Doctor Who collections, about conventions you have been to and places where you may have met Tom.

Moderator: Moderator

my sfx meeting with tom

Postby tracy on February 7th, 2010, 6:26 pm

:D first of all i have to say a big thank you to tom for sitting in on another signing at 3pm on the 6th of feb at sfx all will be explained now fisrt of all my journey down was a good one had to get 3 trains and a tube but it was good and the weather wasnt to bad either.i got to my hotel the river haven checked in and went for a walk .ive certainly done some walking this week end and 2 days before i had pulled a muscle in my leg so i had a support strap on wasnt letting it spoil my time away.so on the friday i arrived and later on about 6 i went for a curry rye is a lovly place and the peolpe are nice to .so to the saturday when i went to the sfx event i was there for 830 early but thats me always like to be early. the guy at the gate when i got off the bus told me where to go to a blue building no not the tardis close ha any way so i got to the building and got 2 wrist bands i had to wear one was black and the other was red .i had a walk in to the restaurant and had a drink and then just hung round for a while then as time went on i went to the main hall where the signing would be at 11am peolpe were queing well before that time and i was told that i didnt need to que yet but in the end my own exstint told me to que as the que was getting bigger so its a good job i did then at 11 tom arrived also there was liz sladen and sorry i forgot who the other guy was opps it was a bit manic as the que seemed to be all over the place toms time was 11 till 1pm but by the time i had got almost there the organisers said for those to come back at 3 as tom would be doing a nother sitting which im very greatfull for tom doing this .so at 1pm tom went for lunch then at 2 till 245 tom was interviewd on stage by sfx .very funny indeed it was .tom was asked about doing some more audios i which tom said he will be doing some more .which is great news .and a great interview thanks tom.then at 3pm tom did the other signing sitting and when it came to me tom said hello tracy .it was great to see tom and he looked well i gave tom a bottle of wine and somethink else to go with it .then a lady took a photo or 2 of tom and me she took another and then i said thanks to tom and asked for akiss as i do god knows what tom was there till as the crowds were still pilling up.after 10 minuets i went as i wasnted to have a walk along cmaber sands beach
tracy with out the E
tracy

Re: my sfx meeting with tom

Postby tracy on February 7th, 2010, 6:29 pm

tom and me

i took this while in the que great picture
tom on stage for his interview i was sort of not to far the place was packed out

me at camber sands beach on the sat after i had seen tom lovly beach had some chips on the cafe terrece
and one more these are the items i got when i went to the stamp shop on the friday i have not long listioned to the tales of aesop and really enjoyed it also got the mug to go with my others and the masque of mandragora which was in
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby jaybee on February 7th, 2010, 6:51 pm

Tracy,

Sounds like you had a brilliant time! Thanks so much for sharing it with us. And for the photos -- we can never have too many of those!
jaybee

Postby pattie anne on February 9th, 2010, 2:47 am

Dear Tracy -

Good show! Thank you so much for sharing. Means a great deal to those of us WHO live too far away to be able to go for ourselves.

Love,
pattie anne
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby John on February 9th, 2010, 2:56 am

Tracy, did you super glue your head to Tom's?

Good Lord, woman, are there no lengths you won't go to to be near Tom...? :lol:
John

Postby tracy on February 9th, 2010, 10:15 am

:D thanks guys it was agood day and john behave your self ha it looks like some one had super glued our heads together there ha its not a good one of me .tom always looks great in photos .its a shame i wont be able to make the time quest event in march but there will be other times in the year
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby paradoxFox on February 9th, 2010, 11:59 pm

Thank you for sharing your adventure, and your souvenirs, with us all Tracy. I'm so glad you had a wonderful time.

...and it looks like Tom did, too.

All the best,

Rose
A life without cause is a life without effect.
paradoxFox

Location: The United States of America but wherever I am there I be

Postby beardedwonder71 on June 20th, 2011, 2:51 pm

Have to say it was a lovely chance to meet Tom and Lis.
beardedwonder71

Postby tracy on June 21st, 2011, 9:29 am

:D ive met tom 9 times now i was so close to meeting lis that when i got there in the que lis had to go so i didnt get to meet her .
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby ThetaSigma on February 23rd, 2012, 11:05 pm

I am so beyond happy that you get to go on such awesome, fun-filled adventures, tracy! You rock! And I just love the pics of Tom with his infamous grin, he looks so happy in your pics. :D
ThetaSigma

Next

Return to Memorabilia, Merchandise, and Doctor Who Conventions