Black Orchid

This is the place to talk about what Doctor Who - or Tom Baker as the Doctor - has meant to you in your life.

Moderator: Moderator

Black Orchid

Postby tch on April 19th, 2012, 3:33 am

Just watched this on DVD and it reminded me how much I enjoyed the straight historicals and what a shame Tom never had one.
I think this Davidson story, with it's Agatha Christie feel would have been a good fit as a Doctor, Sarah and Harry story.
I keep getting an image of Tom in a Roman toga, using the scarf as a sash.

Anyone else out there have any periods of history that would have made a good Tom story?
tch

Re: Black Orchid

Postby Betty on October 31st, 2012, 1:42 am

I agree with you that there is something about a strong story that doesn't need to be stuffed with aliens to be good. I really enjoyed the 1st doctor's Marco Polo (well, the reconstruction, anyway, as the tapes were lost long before I was born) and I think Tom would be good in a similar type of setting. Or maybe something from the Victorian era. I really liked "The Talons of Weng-Chiang" (Leela dressed as a Victorian woman was very funny), so it would have been nice to have more of that sort.
Betty

Return to What Doctor Who and/or Tom Baker means to me