Tom's Q&A December 2010 Round Table Discussion

Here you are invited to discuss Tom's answers to questions in the Question Room and talk about his newsletters.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Tom's Q&A December 2010 Round Table Discussion

Postby tracy on December 14th, 2010, 6:24 pm

:D tom has started answering his december questions .thank you tom for answering mine and the little messege at the end you put which made my day thank you very much tom
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby donnarose on December 15th, 2010, 7:07 pm

I saw his answer to mine as well.

It made me smile while sitting here in front of my computer. :D

Ta, Mr. Baker! God bless you!
Love begins when the needs of someone else become more important than your own.
~Lao Wei
donnarose

Postby tracy on December 16th, 2010, 10:52 am

gosh have you seen the question that bigtuna has asked tom about his hair wow i was abit gob smacked when i saw that think thats abit personnal but if tom does answer it love to see what he puts
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby pattie anne on December 16th, 2010, 12:59 pm

IMHO i think the big tuna was just being a bit "shilly." although, my maternal grandmonther's hair literally turned white over night (she was a red-head) because of an illness (attended with a very high fever) she contracted in her early twenties. and i have heard of severe :shock: doing that too (like in war time); though never to anyone i knew personally.
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby mcalldp on December 17th, 2010, 6:42 pm

Happy holidays to all, been a while since posting but I'm lurking around and hope you all enjoy this wonderful season.
~sHiNe oN~
mcalldp

Postby pattie anne on December 17th, 2010, 11:43 pm

dear mcalldp -

well .. i 'sourtenly' am. it is the "most wonderful TIME of the year." :D

dear Members of TOM -

showed who dat?'s december question to TOM, to my husband, and i asked him WHO does that sound like? he replied in a shot ... "my wife!"

:lol:

as to theseeker42 query ... i'd walk across the sarah desert with a load of bricks under each arm to stand in line three days (and three nights) in the middle of a london blizzard, just to get a photo of Our Mister TOM personally signed. some folks don't realize just how very lucky they are. :? but as this is the season of loving and sharing and giving ...

dear theseeker42 -

TOM has personally given us permission to POST him merchandise to be autographed, to The Stamp Centre in London. Just remember to enclose a SelfAddressesStampedEnvelope for its return, with your art card. Oh yes, and do explain in a brief note that you wish TOM to sign the enclosed card, as they host a lot of celebrities, at a lot of different dos. i could just imagine Silvester McCoy (or another Dr Who celebrity) signing it and it being returned to you. :shock:

love,
pattie anne :geek:
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby MCH on December 27th, 2010, 4:56 am

Greetings all,

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. We had over 4 inches of snow on Christmas day. This area hasn't seen snow on Christmas day since around 1883 so we were all thrilled to see it.

I was curious about something in Dear Tom's reply to my question room poser and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about it. He said that "he didn't have to go through Kensal green to get home and that was a great relief to him personally."

I did some research about Kensal green and two things stood out. One was that it was a cemetery. The other thing was that it was a run down community though some rebuilding has occured. Either one of those could be distressing (?) I guess. I have never been to England and Feel a bit clueless as to what he was trying to say exactly. Any ideas ?

Pattie Anne,

Thanks for the translation! I sorta guessed that it wasn't about the cemetery as I had read and seen the pictures of Tom and Sue's Bell House. But I wasn't sure. Many is the time when I've watched Tom in different things I've felt a bit clueless, lol. You're right in that some of it is a cultural thing. But, some ... Well most of it, I think, is Tom's incredible wit. Perhaps that makes me 'witless' as well as clueless. ;)
Regards,
MC
Last edited by MCH on December 29th, 2010, 8:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MCH

Postby pattie anne on December 28th, 2010, 4:48 pm

dear MC -

no, you got it, spot on. :D

it is an area of london know for its high crime, sadly. :(

as for cemeteries ... TOM lived next to one ( it surrounded HIS house on two sides) from 1968 to 2003. so THAT can't be it. ;)

and i know well what you mean. whenever TOM answers me i am off to GOOGLE to see what all HIS little nuisances mean. the curse of living across the pond i suppose. (took me months to decipher HIS "Have I Got News for You" appearance! as it was so full of LOCAL tidbits.) :?

love,
pattie anne :geek:
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby miguel of the moon on December 29th, 2010, 8:28 am

Personally, I think it is very sensible of Mr. Baker to only sign autographs in person, let his hair grow white and to sing with the Salvation Army on Sunday mornings at the beach.

Happy Holidays! :lol:
As for me, I shall live like a Narnian even if there isn't any Narnia.
-Puddleglum
miguel of the moon

Postby pattie anne on December 29th, 2010, 8:37 pm

RE my stunt question. was afraid HE wouldn't remember, as it was all so very long ago, but was full of HOPE that my question was worth a shot. especially as someone did recall that it was actually HIM that fell thought the skylight to rescue sarah in "seeds of doom." just hoped THAT memory would trigger others, and we would have been treated to some other hair-rasing episodes RE the stunts HE did for the series.

oh, BTW "android invasion" was the story where HE had to sink into a pond, and HIS voice was affected.

and HE broke HIS collar bone during the filming of: "the sontaran experiment"

AND

:mrgreen:

HE called me "dear"!

"oh, goodie!"
dr who IV
Last edited by pattie anne on December 29th, 2010, 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

PreviousNext

Return to About Tom’s Newsletters and Answers to Questions