Time Ladies! To Begin Round Table Discussion of Tom's Q&A

Here you are invited to discuss Tom's answers to questions in the Question Room and talk about his newsletters.

Moderator: Moderator

Time Ladies! To Begin Round Table Discussion of Tom's Q&A

Postby Moderator on November 6th, 2010, 2:26 pm

Dear Forum Posters and Posers -

Tis' time again for starting comments and thoughts RE Tom's November Question Room Queries.

Oh, and yes Happy Guy Fawkes Day (Night?) all. :mrgreen:

AHEM ... I said (over all of last night's bonfire night commotion) Happy Guy Fawkes! :lol: Hope you all arrived safely home from all of the festivities.

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Re: Time Ladies! To Begin Round Table Discussion of Tom's Q&A

Postby jaybee on November 6th, 2010, 6:14 pm

Moderator wrote:Dear Forum Posters and Posers -

Oh, and yes Happy Guy Fawkes Day (Night?) all. :mrgreen:

AHEM ... I said (over all of last night's bonfire night commotion) Happy Guy Fawkes! :lol:

:lol:

Dirk! You're channeling Fred Elliot!!!
jaybee

Postby The Cloaked One on November 8th, 2010, 7:44 am

I'm surprised that no one has come in to comment yet on Tom's answers. This month is already starting off with a gold mine for answers. XD
Tom Baker is right, just because a director says something does not make it so. I feel that John Nathan Turner and directors after him have had too much influence on the series rather than allowing the Doctor and the writers to make the calls. Such as Turner's goal to remove Tom Baker, to put the sixth into the brightly colored 'suit.' The Time War of course which allows the new directors to deny any previous statements, actions, and events from previous doctors in old who. Then, the Doctor's Daughter, the new master, etc, etc. Even Steven Moffat goes into this territory at times, having stated that the Doctor is confused too the point that he doesn't even actually know his own age, Tardis explosion = end of universe...
I like listening to Pertwee and Baker when they reflect on their tenure. There is so much life and energy to it, especially when they were powerful forces of creation with lots of input themselves.
Tom Baker's last line was very well made and very dramatic, at least for me. Though Tom's suggestion sounds every bit as awesome and would've been an excellent introduction to Peter Davidson. I'm left to shrug on which one would have been better. :D
I notice that this is my 2nd rant, 3rd rant, so this will be my final one. I don't want to offend supporters of the various directors which ranting can.
Si-Fy and Fantasy, that is where my heart lies. To Doctor Who and its 18 years of brilliance, still waiting on the 50 yr anniversary!
The Cloaked One

Postby The Cloaked One on November 9th, 2010, 5:05 pm

Maybe its because I stayed up all night again, maybe college stress really is getting to me. I don't know. I was watching Bad Romance and I was just thinking hey, Lady Gaga could make a very weird and interesting villain in Doctor Who. Her political, social stuff aside, put in more conservative clothes, she could pull off super amazing. Though with that many changes I'm not sure how many would still consider her Lady Gaga since those are her hallmarks. I'm not literally suggesting BBC should consider her, its more of just an strange pondering.
Si-Fy and Fantasy, that is where my heart lies. To Doctor Who and its 18 years of brilliance, still waiting on the 50 yr anniversary!
The Cloaked One

Postby pattie anne on November 14th, 2010, 4:26 pm

"what are those?"
dr who IV

"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby jaybee on November 14th, 2010, 4:38 pm

pattie anne wrote:

"what are those?"
dr who IV

You have to be a fan of Coronation Street, PA. Fred Elliot was a character who was a loud, jovial butcher. He repeated himself frequently, usually changing the phrase slightly. Unlike Dirk, however, Fred always preceded the repetition with the words "I say".

example: "He's half-kettled. I say, he's had a skin full!"
jaybee

Postby pattie anne on November 18th, 2010, 4:18 pm

RE the questions posed so far this month ...

"Ace! Ace!"
Dr Who IV
:mrgreen:

as for TOM's answers ...

FANtastic TOM :!: or dare i even say :?:

"TOM Terrific!"
:D

love,
pattie anne :geek:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby tracy on November 18th, 2010, 7:35 pm

:D yes i agree there toms answers are tomtastic i just love toms answers thanks tom
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby The Cloaked One on November 21st, 2010, 1:40 am

The conspiracy thickens. She's a threat to the entire universe... XD

Just adding. The reason the most important part of your autobiography remains 'UNWRITTEN' is precisely because it has yet to come. :D Hornet's Nest and Demon Quest, you have much more hidden up your sleeves and behind the ridiculously long scarf. (Don't take my reply too seriously, this is just said in casual optimism. I don't want to seem rude at the dinner table.)
The Cloaked One

Postby Moderator on November 22nd, 2010, 3:16 pm

"I have never read my autobiography but a sort of friend once hinted that it was amusing."
Tom Baker

Right, Tom, and quite a talent there too, as you managed to once dictate it onto audio cassettes so people could LISTEN to it as they motored down the expressways. :lol:

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Next

Return to About Tom’s Newsletters and Answers to Questions