Time Gentlemen! To Begin To Discuss Oct Queries

Here you are invited to discuss Tom's answers to questions in the Question Room and talk about his newsletters.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Time Gentlemen! To Begin To Discuss Oct Queries

Postby tracy on October 13th, 2010, 6:24 pm

:D i love the answers tom has already staered to answer some great ones again for october .wow october already
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Marcello Cristiano on October 13th, 2010, 6:31 pm

THANK YOU TOM! :D I too enjoyed reading TOM's answers this month. His answers are great! :mrgreen:
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby Moderator on October 19th, 2010, 5:08 pm

Dear Tracy -

Haven't forgotton you ladies at all. Just used the normal pub salutation, letting the patrons know that their time is nearly up, and the pub will soon be closing; in my subject line. I Thought it fit rather well, as you only have a limited time, till the end of the month actually, to get those queries in. ;)

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Postby tracy on October 19th, 2010, 6:00 pm

:lol: :lol: only pulling your leg dirk or am i :lol: no your ok dirk
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby pattie anne on October 19th, 2010, 8:46 pm

A Open Letter to Our Mister TOM:

beloved FAVE -

i know what you are saying in your response to the question this month, submitted by anthonyz; but at the same TIME, i HOPE you can understand where a sizable number of your devoted fans are coming from.

on the day of your great "break out," and for a number of days following that event, tears and grief will descend and engulf us like a dark, dank, unrelenthing cloud. the despair, and loss, and pain, will be almost unbearable. but then we do know, full well, if you love deeply, once in awhile that love will tend to bite you back. but i personally elect to love, always.

part of our sadness, for some of your fans, will be because we will have never met you, personally. "up close and personal," as they say. for not even once have i heard your voice, as it comes out of your mouth. all i have are your RECORDINGS, pale reproductions of it; and all your precious, subtleties, of course, are sadly lost in them.

then too, some of your fans will mourn BECAUSE they have met you, and were able, if only briefly, to share in your particular magic and sunshine.

but on that very sad day, that has yet to come, for those of us left behind, your sunshine will go out. however, never your magic. THAT we will carry in our hearts forever.

you can not know how very much i wish, personally, i could do as you have asked, as it is indeed, your final request to all of us. if i could just follow and obey your "No grief, no, none at all," comment. but i know myself (and some of your other fans too) all too well. and this will just not happen. it will HURT beyond words, and will not go away in just a few hours. nor even in a few days. but eventually, i know the pain will lessen. however, it will never, ever go away completely. for you were so very much a part of our lives, and our innocence joy and delight ( dr who by itself was just so very much FUN ) for so many of our shared years together, here on our little, green planet.

so if you are able, please forgive the some of us, our total inability to follow your last instructions, dear, so very dear, as they are to us.

and as for myself, personally i will not drink the champagne. though, of course, i will thank God for the love that you shared so unselfishly among us for all our virtual TIMEs together, and for your life. still, a cause to celebrate? i could do THAT only if i knew for certain your final destination in eternity. and as you have elected to not share that very personal, particular information with me ... i ask only that you try to understand my (and your other fans) points of view.

love always,
pattie anne :geek:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby Moderator on October 19th, 2010, 10:56 pm

Dear Tracy -

No problem. Just didn't want you to misunderstand. Next month I promise to preface it with "Time Ladies!" :P

Dear Posters and Posers -

Great questions. Do keep them coming, at least till the magic number 30! Just remember; do try to ask your questions first then make your comment(s), if you feel your question needs an explaination, second. :)

Dear Pattie Anne -

Wow! :shock: That should put the cat among the pigeons! :?

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Postby Sarah on October 20th, 2010, 1:54 am

I don't like hearing talk of death, although it is comming to everyone some day. I have seen too much of it over the past few years and it will take you young as easily as it will take you old so I never think of age because life can be long or short, thats not what is important.

A very dear lady someone I admired and who was loved by my whole town tragically lost her life in a parachuting accident last month in Malaysia. Her name was Kylie Tanti we knew her as Buffy. It was on the news... people see things on the news and never give it another thought. I knew this woman... so for once the news was for me aswell and it hit home very hard. I will never see her mad hair do's and giant goth boots stomping around town again. Never wait with her for a taxi or catch her train. Never see her smile and compliment me as she passes. Never hear of her next adventure but boy I hope it is a good one, her best adventure yet because thats what she loved. She was only 42 and I know the risks she took brought a lot of nasty comments from those who never knew her. She was a thrill seeker to the highest extreem. But she was a true and lovely woman who loved life and was kind to people, even strangers.

This is what she wanted to share with people and I think it can really change the way you look at the life you have, and not think about how long or short it will be it is how you LIVED how you LOVED and what you did with what you had.

One day, death is going to take the life from everything we love. So while you are able, love what you have.

Take one day at a time, and make a masterpiece of each of these days, for tomorrow is promised to no man.

When your life flashes before your eyes, make sure you've got plenty to watch.

If the grass is greener on the other side, then water where you are.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we may as well dance.

A friend is a person who knows all about you but still likes you anyway.

She even had some of these tattood on her arm she walked the talk. The world looks different today take nothing for granted.

Don't waste any time worrying about the day you leave the earth for whever it is you go... live in the moment here and now and enjoy it.
Sarah

Postby Marcello Cristiano on October 20th, 2010, 6:58 am

THANK YOU both Pattie Anne and Sarah for your beautiful posts on TOM. I love what you said, P.A. TOM will no doubt be touched. I'm touched myself just reading that. I'm glad you were able to put into words what we here all feel.

"A friend is a person who knows all about you but still likes you anyway" That was beautifully said and so true, Sarah.

Once again, thank you both for your wonderful tributes to TOM. You both are true friends of all of us here and of TOM.

Love,

Your friend
Marcello
:)
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby Sarah on October 20th, 2010, 2:21 pm

They were all Kylies quotes from her facebook. If you have ever seen the movie or read the Tank Girl comics... Kylie reminded me a lot of that charactor.
Sarah

Postby tracy on October 20th, 2010, 3:35 pm

:D hugs for you dirk thank you
tracy with out the E
tracy

PreviousNext

Return to About Tom’s Newsletters and Answers to Questions