Discussion Thread for Tom's Answers in August 2010

Here you are invited to discuss Tom's answers to questions in the Question Room and talk about his newsletters.

Moderator: Moderator

Discussion Thread for Tom's Answers in August 2010

Postby biddenden_sue on August 5th, 2010, 4:53 pm

So, we enter the eighth month of the year. Time certainly does seem to fly on the best Timelord's website! :mrgreen:

I have been absent for a while due mainly to the school holidays. Having two children at home all day does somewhat alter one's routine.

But still I have popped back to read Tom's latest replies. Already he has caused me to giggle with his memories of playing corpses on stage and the anecdote about placing his hat on the central console of the Tardis to watch it go up and down during a scene. Wicked stuff!

But my favourite answer so far is his top secret revelation concerning the interior dimensions of the Tardis. Will this hit the headlines, I wonder? Not if we don't tell anyone! ;)
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. Douglas Adams.
biddenden_sue

Re: Discussion Thread for Tom's Answers in August 2010

Postby Marcello Cristiano on August 5th, 2010, 5:55 pm

Dear All:

I want to thank TOM BAKER for answering mine and everyone else's questions. TOM is a wonderful man, and I love him dearly. He uplifted my day(nevermind day, he uplifted my entire year!). TOM never ceases to amaze me with his razor sharp wit. He definately has a few more autobiographies in him to share with the rest of the world. He always makes me and everyone here feel better. THANK YOU, TOM! Thank you for taking the time out from your busy life to answer our questions. You are truly the best. Love you. I send you a big hug, TOM.

Marcello
:)
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby tracy on August 5th, 2010, 6:54 pm

:D some great answers from tom again this month thanks tom.has any one also seen the latest news on the home page about toms audios and the pictures that go with it to are great pictures of tom .
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Marcello Cristiano on August 5th, 2010, 8:45 pm

I love the picture where TOM is looking up and laughing! :D He has the most beautiful smile and laugh. God I love TOM! :D The people working with TOM on the 5-part audio series look like they are having the time of their lives. I wish I could be a fly on the wall of the recording studio for the audios. It looks like FUN, FUN, AND MORE FUN!!! :D
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby pattie anne on August 6th, 2010, 12:56 am

dear toothy grin -

i have an article reprint that TOM wrote, that pretty much answers your question for real, it is called:

Twenty-Four Hours in the Life of (an Ex-TimeLord) TOM BAKER

maybe THAT is why it is one of my personal FAVES, of all the article re-prints i have collected.

please PM or email me for its LINK.

love,
pattie anne :geek:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby Who dat? on August 6th, 2010, 2:42 pm

My thanks to Mr Tom for answering questions so early in the month. Could this mean He will be visiting the website even more often this month? His answers are, again, very unusual and humorous. I didn't find the secret about the Tardis interior even the least bit surprising. Transdimensional Engineering just works that way. :?
Pattie anne, I have the location of the articles you mentioned. There is indeed tons of great Tom stuff there to read. Of course it's not new stuff like Toms answers here. Every time he answers a question I imaging us all siting around a great big table and having a good time of it all. :) Here's a strange idea....since we all know this dinner table discussion is just that, a discussion, what questions is Tom asking us and what are those answers? It surely would never be just a one way Q&A. Maybe that's another topic for the mods and Tom to think about adding, "Toms questions for His looney fans". :lol:
Doctor: "I'm Lord President, and I'm called sir."
Who dat?

Postby Moderator on August 17th, 2010, 5:02 pm

Dear Posters and Posers -

Wow! 18 questions already, and it only the 17the day of the month! Knew this was going to become a very popular feature. :D But remember good members of Tom, brevity (the soul of wit) and conciseness when you ask Tom your question. Hum, perhaps we should have some sort of contest to see who can ask Tom a question (that actually makes sense) using the fewest words possible. :lol:

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Postby donnarose on August 17th, 2010, 8:39 pm

Moderator wrote:Dear Posters and Posers -

Wow! 18 questions already, and it only the 17the day of the month! Knew this was going to become a very popular feature. :D But remember good members of Tom, brevity (the soul of wit) and conciseness when you ask Tom your question. Hum, perhaps we should have some sort of contest to see who can ask Tom a question (that actually makes sense) using the fewest words possible. :lol:

Best,

What do we win? ;)
Love begins when the needs of someone else become more important than your own.
~Lao Wei
donnarose

Postby Who dat? on August 17th, 2010, 11:35 pm

I think we should get "points" to be redeemed for free stuff!
Doctor: "I'm Lord President, and I'm called sir."
Who dat?

Postby Moderator on August 18th, 2010, 7:02 pm

Dear Members of Tom -

Gosh folks, I hate to sound like a broken record here, and I know standing audience with Tom, being able to ask him a question directly, makes not only your knees, but also your mind go all wobbly; but I was just reading over some of your entries, and gee, you dears MUST do better at just asking Tom A Question.

No fluff please.

This request comes directly from Tom himself. Honest injun!

Otherwise, your comments to Tom can be put either in his GuestBook (and I assure you, eventhough not all of them are published, everyone of them is read) or start a Topic in the Fan Community ... something along the lines of "What I Like Best About Tom," or "What I'd like to see Tom do next," or "The Funniest Thing Tom Ever Did," or "Things My Pets Can Do That Tom's Pets Can't," ... it doesn't really matter. They are after all YOUR comments and you can do with them as you please. Please, just do not put them in the Question Room Topics with your question.

Best,

PS: Dear Who dat? - Very funny, very funny. :lol: And if they are FREE indeed, why would one need POINTS? :shock:

D. G.

Next

Return to About Tom’s Newsletters and Answers to Questions