Discussion Thread for Tom's Answers in JUNE 2010

Here you are invited to discuss Tom's answers to questions in the Question Room and talk about his newsletters.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Discussion Thread for Tom's Answers in JUNE 2010

Postby madgoth on June 21st, 2010, 1:10 pm

I enjoyed hearing about Tom's ironing technique. I also timed myself, although I was ironing women's blouses and tops, I was able to match his five garments per half hour. 8-)

I also iron just like he does, except that I do the yoke last. :mrgreen:
madgoth

Postby pattie anne on June 21st, 2010, 10:16 pm

dear madgoth -

ta, for the askin' of the question.

BTW might interest you and another PERSON on this board: competitors are in training for the FIRST Extreme Ironing World Championships. Google for 'moore' data and photos.

love,
pattie anne :geek:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby Mouser on June 22nd, 2010, 2:58 am

I remember making a silly manipulated pic from an 'extreme ironing photo once... :P

There is that old joke: Ask a Scotsman what is worn under a kilt and his answer? Nothing, it's all in perfect working order.
Well, my doctorate is purely honorary, and Harry here is only qualified to work on sailors.
Mouser

Postby Jillx on June 26th, 2010, 7:49 am

Hi Mouser LOL
Take care, Luv Jillx
Jillx

Postby biddenden_sue on June 28th, 2010, 6:07 pm

Wow, thank you once again Mr Baker for answering yet more of our weird and wacky questions.

While subtly skirting round our inquisitions, you actually paint a wonderfully colourful picture of your life for us to relish. I bet those little kittens are keeping you both very occupied for the time being, not to mention Poppy of course. What on Earth does she make of it all? What a wonder it is to watch new born life grow and evolve.

And I am chuckling away at the thought of Eddie Izzard playing the Doctor. I would never have thought of him. We briefly discussed this between ourselves *elsewhere* but I have to admit that Eddie is up there with the best suggestions that we could muster, being Stephen Fry and John Cleese. Wonderful stuff. Let's hope Stephen Moffat keeps an eye on this forum as he could be making notes for when Matt Smith leaves the role in a few years' time! 8-)
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. Douglas Adams.
biddenden_sue

Postby mikotyk on June 28th, 2010, 7:24 pm

I thought it was ironic that Tom mentioned President Obama being asked to appear in Doctor Who because, in a way, President Obama did appear. A President Obama look alike appeared in the "End of Time" episodes where David Tennant eventually regenerated into Matt Smith. I would have loved to see the President on the show but his political opposition, and the late night television hosts, would have never let him live it down.
Someday, my ship will come in, but with my luck, I'll be stranded at the airport!
mikotyk

Postby tracy on June 28th, 2010, 7:30 pm

:D thank you tom for answering the questions the kittens are lovly i bet poppy loves them and not forgetting bella the proud mum .you you and sue the proud grandparents. thanks tom take care
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Who dat? on June 28th, 2010, 11:25 pm

Some friendly soul might wish to remind Tom of his role in "Strange". One doesn't have to go far to find a good pic of those eyes!
It's on a different fan site "link REMOVED by me" (thanks Dirk for the reminder). Google for "Tom Baker in Strange" and it can be easily found.
I haven't seen the episode but I'm surely going to look for it now.
Doctor: "I'm Lord President, and I'm called sir."
Who dat?

Previous

Return to About Tom’s Newsletters and Answers to Questions