Discussion Thread for Tom's Answers in JUNE 2010

Here you are invited to discuss Tom's answers to questions in the Question Room and talk about his newsletters.

Moderator: Moderator

Discussion Thread for Tom's Answers in JUNE 2010

Postby biddenden_sue on June 18th, 2010, 6:05 am

Wow, Mr Baker has been busy again, posting replies to all our nosey questions about his likes, dislikes, ironing skills etc. :lol: May I take this opportunity, once again, to thank him for his time and extreme loyalty to us, his fans, and offering us this wonderful chance to interact with him on such a personal level. It really is appreciated, sir.

So has he satisfied your curiosity, or has he put another question into your head for next month?

What have you thought about his replies?

I asked about puddings, and he told us about his childhood favourite, "Souls in Torment", which sounds so similar to a childhood favourite of mine. We would have a baked rice pudding with sultanas and cinnamon, and it was so yummy. The skin on top was always the best bit. 8-)

As for raspberries and cream, his current favourite, oh yes, a true British Classic, although I would be inclined to turn it into a pavlova with a simple meringue base made with eggs from our own chickens. Tempted, Tom? ;)

What did he reveal to YOU, I wonder, and were you expecting his response?
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. Douglas Adams.
biddenden_sue

Re: Discussion Thread for Tom's Answers in JUNE 2010

Postby tracy on June 18th, 2010, 9:58 am

i love the answers tom has given very cool .thanks tom for taking time out to answer monthly questions
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Moderator on June 18th, 2010, 3:50 pm

I look forward to Tom's Answers each month because they are:

1) so very Tom

2) are very funny, very funny

3) and they always seen to generate new members of Tom.

:D

"Thank you, very much."
Elvis and Dirk

I am very curious (thought not yellow) as to just how Tom will answer the Kilt Question.

8-)

"Don't Change that dial!"

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Postby donnarose on June 18th, 2010, 5:57 pm

Yes, thank you very much Mr. Baker! :)

It's so very interesting to read all of his responses. Not being able to see his face, though, I can almost envision his expressions and his voice if we were actually able to speak to him.

Now to begin to ponder about next month's question. . . ;)
Love begins when the needs of someone else become more important than your own.
~Lao Wei
donnarose

Postby pattie anne on June 18th, 2010, 6:39 pm

we are just so lucky that Our Mister TOM is the object of our affections. :D

i remember a few years back, our daughter was a fan of a particular country and western singer, and she had every song he ever recorded; read about him in fan magazines; and followed his career for several years. then when she found out he was coming to a local arena (within walking distance for her actually) she was over joyed. she paid her ticket, enjoyed the concert, then stood in line outside the arena, with about half a dozen other fans, clutching a copy of her favourite album, hoping it would be autographed, and hoping to chat with him, if only for just a little while. well, the singer stepped outside, eyed the group, snorted at them, yes, SNORTED at them, and then got straight into his waiting limo and drove off. needless to say, she went home and promply was no longer a fan.

now to HIS answers.

not positive, but think i remember reading somewhere that actor/artist Tony Curtis painted all the paintings for "Vault of Horror."

loved the ironing responses.

RE HIS kindness response. TOM has been very, very kind to folks all HIS life. me included. the kindness story i think most often about, when i think back on them, is when HE and Sue lived in The Bell House, in Boughton Malherbe, in Kent. and that little tale goes something like this:

An older couple were walking past HIS house one late afternoon (as they had just visited St. Nicholas' church next door) and TOM had just stepped out into HIS yard. As they approached him, they said they did not mean to intrude, but they had been in the area several TIMEs previous, and had enjoyed HIS acting parts for many years, and it was a real honour to finally meet him; so that they could tell HIM all these things in person. HE thanked them, very kindly. And then they said, they wouldn't bother HIM again, but were so very glad to have finally met HIM. They then turned to go, but TOM stopped them. HE told them to wait right there, as HE had something for them. The couple looked at each other in wonder. What could HE give them? Well, TOM quickly popped into HIS house; and then just as quickly reappeared, and handed them a present. They thanked HIM very sincerely, and then turned with the gift, and left.

kindnesses? The Man is full of it. and don't let even HIM ever tell any of you any different.

and like dirk, am anticipating the kilt answer. :P

love,
pattie anne :geek:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby tracy on June 18th, 2010, 6:59 pm

:D yes we owe alot to tom he is very honest and i cant think of any one else who loves to chat to there fans the way tom does. ive never met any one else but tom so thank you tom for all you do. we love you and support you 1000percent even more
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Gold Usher on June 18th, 2010, 11:50 pm

I am tickled shades of gold (did you expect pink?) Tom comes and pokes around here.

I do hope he enjoys and gets a chuckle out of the questions we ask. I know it takes me ages to come up with something worthwhile posting and am amazed at the variety every month. And his replies are oh so gracious and couched with a smile.

I would never dare really call him Tom to his face though...Thomas would be about the best I could stammer out.
Unless of course he said it was alright to address him as such. ;)

I too am waiting for that answer to Jillx's kilt question. Especially where he was photographed for the cover of Radio Times in full regalia.
Gold Usher

Postby jaybee on June 20th, 2010, 5:42 pm

Moderator wrote:I look forward to Tom's Answers each month because they are:

I am very curious (thought not yellow) as to just how Tom will answer the Kilt Question.

Well, he certainly skirted (kilted?) that question quite nicely.

Oh Tom, what a politician you would make!!! :lol:
jaybee

Postby Gold Usher on June 21st, 2010, 5:07 am

Oh he answered?

Have to go take a look over at that thread!

Yep, should run for office with that one. He'd do the dance quite nicely.
Good dodge there, Tom ;)
Gold Usher

Postby biddenden_sue on June 21st, 2010, 9:14 am

Having read Tom's response to that rather cheeky question about the kilt, I expect his face broadened into a huge grin before he sensibly decided not to cause too much excitement in his fan community and diplomatically pretended that he didn't understand the true meaning of the question. :lol:

Mind you, I have plenty of Scottish friends and family, and NONE of them ever go "Commando" when wearing their kilts - after all, have you ever felt the COLD in Scotland? Thermal undies all the way!!! :o
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. Douglas Adams.
biddenden_sue

Next

Return to About Tom’s Newsletters and Answers to Questions