Wherein We Discuss, Tom's Answers - March '10

Here you are invited to discuss Tom's answers to questions in the Question Room and talk about his newsletters.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Wherein We Discuss, Tom's Answers - March '10

Postby Toothy Grin on March 17th, 2010, 4:47 pm

It is exciting, isn't it? Tom actually answered my question within 20 minutes of me posting it, and I could hardly believe it. I have met and spoken to Tom in person before, but this just gave me such a thrill that I think I'll print off his answer and keep it for posterity. Roll on April 1st when I can hopefully get another question answered.
Cheers Tom! :D
Toothy Grin

Postby biddenden_sue on March 17th, 2010, 8:06 pm

I have just one thing to say to the wonderful Mr. Baker. Sir, if you enjoyed answering my first question (as I surely enjoyed reading your response, and had never previously envisaged you in the male part of Educating Rita, but the more I think about it, the more it now appeals), then I promise you a real humdinger to get those mental cogs working overtime for April! ;)

And I promise never to ask you about Doctor Who, as in my mind, you are more than a simple fedora, scarf and bag of jelly babies. Typecast? Never! :ugeek:

Oh, but I am flying to the Highlands of Scotland for Easter on April 1st, so won't be about until Wednesday 7th, just so you know. Please reserve me a space in the question room. :mrgreen:
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. Douglas Adams.
biddenden_sue

Postby Who dat? on March 18th, 2010, 4:57 am

I've just read Toms response to my question. He not only answered the question but went way beyond that. A simple yes or nor with a few words would have been nice enough but I now feel like he was talking directly to me and that we had a little conversation on the side just the two of us. I am very thrilled and I thank you, Tom, for the attention.
I read all the other questions and answers as well. Fantastic. Next month is going to be even better I'm sure. I'm also quite sure that there will not be any spots left this late in the month.
Doctor: "I'm Lord President, and I'm called sir."
Who dat?

Postby tracy on March 18th, 2010, 10:32 am

:D thank you tom you also made my day thank you
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Sarah on March 18th, 2010, 11:03 am

Don't anyone dare delete any of them!!! My printer is out of ink I want to print mine out :mrgreen:
Sarah

Postby Jedi Princess on March 18th, 2010, 6:54 pm

It made my day, too! I am so psyched :D
"The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship... Everything has its time. And everything ends." - Sarah Jane, School Reunion
Jedi Princess

Postby Moderator on March 23rd, 2010, 5:36 pm

Dear Forum Posters and Posers -

Look likes our Mr Tom has answered the final questions for March. So quit hanging about here, and go there, and see (read) for yourself. All in all, "Splendid answers ... all of them." But don't take my word for it.

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Postby biddenden_sue on April 1st, 2010, 7:07 am

OK, so I'm heading off to the Highlands today, a bit anxious after hearing of trains caught in snow drifts, but nothing will stop us now!

Assuming we get there and back safely, I'll be back on Tuesday evening, so posting again on Wednesday 7th April.

And Mr Baker, I really do have a humdinger of a question for you, so please don't close the room down before I've posted. :mrgreen:
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. Douglas Adams.
biddenden_sue

Postby Gold Usher on April 2nd, 2010, 2:43 am

*laughing and looking to the far north*

Marcello, I though I finally came up with a question to ask... about what Tom does to amuse himself indoors on days with inclement weather and you had to ask about his hobbies...

*smiles and chuckles* You've got to stay out of my head ;)

Now I have to try to think of another question for next time :lol:
Ok..where did I leave that 'thinking cap' now???
Gold Usher

Postby John on April 5th, 2010, 5:36 pm

In reply to Marcello Cristiano:-

Tom Baker wrote:The decision to work for Big Finish has been taken and they are on with the script right now.

In reply to Brian Sturgill:-

Tom Baker wrote:And now I have started something because I'm going to do another Magrs script and a Big Finish one.

It sounds very much like we've got not one, but TWO audio dramas to look forward to! :P
John

PreviousNext

Return to About Tom’s Newsletters and Answers to Questions