Tom's Feb Answers

Here you are invited to discuss Tom's answers to questions in the Question Room and talk about his newsletters.

Moderator: Moderator

Tom's Feb Answers

Postby Graceful Leonard on March 1st, 2012, 12:40 am

I don't mean to jump the gun, but I just had to say something.

People are always using the expression 'LOL' these days. I hardly ever laugh out loud, ever, but Tom's answers cracked me up.

All these monthly responses should be compiled and published as a book, or audio book. His comic timing in prose is nothing short of brilliant.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Re: Tom's Feb Answers

Postby tracy on March 1st, 2012, 10:19 am

you havnt jumped the gun gracefull so dont worry .i love to see what tom says in his replys to the questions and they are tomtastic.i see there was 1 more question left i was waiting to see if any one would fill it but they didnt but i was to late to ask never mind its always best to leave it to the newwer members and i can always ask tom some thing when i meet him ha thing is i tend to forget when i do meet tom :lol:
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby ThetaSigma on March 1st, 2012, 6:40 pm

I was quite honored to get such a lengthy response from Tom this month. He is a man with many talents. :D
ThetaSigma

Tom's Feb Answers

Postby anthonyz on March 1st, 2012, 11:20 pm

Thanks for the tip regarding the book "The Uses of Enchantment: The Meaning and Importance of Fairy Tales" by child psychologist Bruno Bettelheim. I've heard it's a bit Freudian and controversial but an enlightening read, so I've placed an order for it and look forward to re-examining my perspectives on childhood and 'grim' fairytales!
anthonyz

Postby Moderator on March 22nd, 2012, 9:32 pm

Dear Forum Posters and Posers -

Yes, please feel free to start a Topic regarding any of Tom's answers. Same goes for his newsletter. Once Tom says something, or writes it down, it is fair game to all. 8-) And too, sometimes, I just get busy and I am a bit slow in getting round to things. :? But I do try to stay on top of things. ;) Some days are just better than others. Know what I mean?

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Postby tracy on March 23rd, 2012, 10:12 am

:D we will thanks dirk you have a great weekend dirk and take it easy :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Return to About Tom’s Newsletters and Answers to Questions