Pets seeking out another warm corner

Here you can post your own photos of your own pets.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Only post pictures if you own the copyright.
Maximum size 500 X 500 pixels 72 dpi.
Maximum 2 pictures per post.

Pets seeking out another warm corner

Postby Moderator on March 11th, 2011, 1:48 am

Dear Pet Lovers of Tom -

Even with breaking up the old

pets corner

into two pieces it is still a rather large and agressive lil K9. So may I suggest we find another comfortable corner for our pets of fur, feathers and fins and launch off again?

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

two of my boys

Postby MCH on March 12th, 2011, 2:17 am

This is Cooper Peady. I named him that because he was born and raised in a pipe that ran through someones front yard. Why is that relevant? Because there is a town in Australia where opals are mined. That particular town is named Coober Pedy which translates roughly into 'white man in hole.' See the connection? Cooper is whitish, more so when he was a baby, and he lived in a hole.

Anyway, I found out about him from talking with a lady at a thrift shop. We had both been looking at cat figurines. She asked me if i was interested in adopting one of a batch of kittens that were in dire straits. Fortunately, we were going through a drought then so the poor babies weren't washed away. But they desperately needed new homes.

The story was that some people moved and left their female, un spayed, cat. It's a sad story but had a happy ending as all her kittens found a home and so did she. And I was lucky enough to get my wonderful Peady boy.

He was so little that at first I had to bottle feed him for about a week. And he had no idea what life was like outside his pipe home so he was terrified at everything. I spent weeks holding him and snuggling until he felt more at ease. Now he loves being here and loves his two older brothers, Mr. Louis and especially Zachary Binx.

This is Mr. Louis. One of Cooper Peady's brothers. A friend of mine called me one day and said that she had found a kitten in her garage. The poor baby had been dumped in her neighborhood and was starving to death, literally. I brought him home and he recovered well. He loves to jump on our laps, flip his head upside down and wait for some scritches on his chin. Or to flop on his side and get belly rubs. He is almost invisible when he sits on that pillow.

The reason that he has a pink collar on is that it shows up better against his fur coat. He doesn't mind what color it is because he is color blind, lol.

So this is part of my family.

mch
Last edited by MCH on March 22nd, 2011, 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MCH

Re: Pets seeking out another warm corner

Postby Prydonian on March 18th, 2011, 8:14 pm

Superb photos, MCH. Always love to see fun photos of kitties. I have one of my own too. Kenan is her name and she has been here since 1998 but still acts like a little cat! :lol:
Prydonian

Postby tracy on March 22nd, 2011, 10:41 am

:D what beautifull cats mch
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby MCH on March 22nd, 2011, 1:12 pm

Thanks bunches Pry and Tracy. :D

I need to take a picture of Zachary Binx. I have an idea forming in my head as I type this, lol. Only, I have so many things to think about and do right now.

I'm so excited ! A local, very well known in his field, woodturner has handed me one of his beautiful but unfinished urns for me to add my carving and wood burning skills to. He also asked me if I could make 200 welsh love spoons, or Santa ornaments, as Christmas gifts for his clients this year. I have never made 200 of anything ! I'm not sure that I can do it. And they wanted to know how much I would charge them. I absolutely have no idea. :?
Clark makes urns for ashes be they peoples or pets. They are gorgeous. He has lived in the neighborhood for as long as I have and I only just met him a couple of weeks ago. I was driving by his house and saw that he was in his shop so I stopped and introduced myself. To my astonishment he was happy to meet me because he was wanting to talk to a woodcarver. Talk about divine influence ! It's spooky how God arranges things like this. I feel that we were pre ordained to meet at this time. I have only been wood carving for about two years but since I have a degree in scientific illustration I can accomplish more using this new technique. I love learning stuff.

Yes, I need to take a current picture of Zachary to post here. I'd like to see other current piccies of Who peeps pets ! Or pictures to go in the nature picture forum. Being a tactile and visual peep, I love pictures ! But I have to admit that I am not so fond of scratch and sniff. Ack !

Thanks again for your comments about my boys mug shots !

MCH
MCH

Postby tracy on March 22nd, 2011, 7:22 pm

:D its great how you have took them both in at least they are in good hands and will be looked after by you well done
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby pattie anne on July 12th, 2011, 7:08 pm

dear all -

having been having a really bad spate of luck with pets of late.

anyWHO, maybe candi will turn things around for us.

we rescued her from the tornado lost pets retrival program from the joplin humane society.

she is two years old, and a miniture alaskan huskie:

not a great pic, but we will take some 'moore' later.

will be taking her to our vet for her initial visit and check up friday.

love,
pattie anne :geek:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby MCH on July 12th, 2011, 10:27 pm

How adorable Pattie Ann.
She reminds me of a spitz that a neighbor had years ago. That dog was so friendly and full of energy.
I'm sure that Candi is too.
MCH
MCH

Postby tracy on July 13th, 2011, 8:50 am

awwww well done pattie she is beautifull she will be looked after well by you i bet it has been a trauma for her :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby pattie anne on July 20th, 2011, 12:45 am

dear MCH and tracy -

ta. :mrgreen:

our vet put her on antibiotics for her kennel cough. but other than that he said she was very healhy.

and we have started her obedience training now, but she is afraid of the "cricket clicker" the kennel club is having us use to teach her. :?

'moore' later.

love,
pattie anne :geek:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Return to Pets