pets corner

Here you can post your own photos of your own pets.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Only post pictures if you own the copyright.
Maximum size 500 X 500 pixels 72 dpi.
Maximum 2 pictures per post.

Re: pets corner

Postby donnarose on June 4th, 2010, 12:24 pm

To Dirk: Yah, well, it's hard to stay mad when he looks up at me with those puppy eyes. :roll:

The poor FM is going to think this forum is going to the dogs--I mean chickens. :lol:

To patti anne: Can't wait to see more pics! You and your husband are very creative and industrious! That is some place that your chickens have!
Love begins when the needs of someone else become more important than your own.
~Lao Wei
donnarose

Postby pattie anne on June 4th, 2010, 3:59 pm

dear donnarose -

ta. had to rib my husband that the chickens got NEW windows in their house, while all of ours are second hand! :lol:

love,
pattie anne
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby donnarose on June 4th, 2010, 11:42 pm

There is a "pets corner"? How did I miss this? :?:
~Lao Wei
donnarose

Postby Moderator on June 4th, 2010, 11:52 pm

Dear donnarose -

Should be able to find it now! Now that I got everything MOVED to where they are supposed to be.

Dear pattie anne -

Ah, I don't think we can blame your cold and allergy medicines for me NOT being able to move this Topic. I do that sort of thing all the time. Ah, usually. Today pedalo limited is just not happy with me for some reason. Hum, maybe "he" hates chicken! ;)

Still, back to work! 8-) "Geronimo!"

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

PS: And success! The fear of loosing this one cushie job e-va-por-ated! :D

D . G.

Postby jaybee on June 5th, 2010, 4:19 am

Moderator wrote:

PS: And success! The fear of loosing this one cushie job e-va-por-ated! :D

D . G.

PHEW!! :D
jaybee

Postby tracy on June 5th, 2010, 9:57 am

:D glad you found your way here donna rose what did you do enter a maze to find it lol lol
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby mikotyk on June 5th, 2010, 3:17 pm

My wife and I have 2 cats (a black one named Jack (not sure if we named him for Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean or Jack the Ripper because he loves my wife's curtains so much) and a white cat named Snowflake. Both of them were rescues. I've always had cats around growing up and I still don't understand how people can just get rid of them.

It's not like you own a cat anyway. Cats actually choose who they like to be with. They are extremely picky and are the ultimate snobs. They allow us to grace their presence and, occasionally, bow before them as they wake us up at 4am to feed and water them. :D

When I was a teenager, I had a black and white cat named Mister Tibbs. My mother and I named him after a character Sidney Poitier played in a film. His attitude was the same as our cat's. Mr. Tibbs was my best friend as a teen. He followed me everywhere and when I went off to work, he would sit on the porch of our house and diligently wait for me to come home no matter what the weather was outside. As soon as I walked up the driveway, he would then go inside. He was an enormously funny cat who loved to play and act goofy. He had a really interesting ability to cheer me up when I was feeling down. He used to nuzzle his head against mine and purr loudly which would start me giggling.

We moved to Ocean City, New Jersey in the early 90s and when I would go for a walk on the boardwalk, Tibbs would be right behind me. The summer tourists used to find this amusing. I still remember one child pointing at Tibbs and remarking to his parents, "look Mom, that cat is following that man!".

Tibbs eventually passed away from old age but I still remember him fondly today.

Regards,
Mike
Someday, my ship will come in, but with my luck, I'll be stranded at the airport!
mikotyk

Postby pattie anne on June 5th, 2010, 7:25 pm

dear forum members -

hoped to have my other chicken pics up by now, but husband's camera is not working right at the moment. so hold that thought. will get them up ASAP.

great "tails of the cat" mike. :P

love,
pattie annne :geek:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby donnarose on June 7th, 2010, 8:29 pm

Thank you, Dirk, for directing me to the "Pets Corner." :)

Gosh, we've had so many over the years, but I will keep it short and sweet and focus on the pets my husband, children and I have had.

First, I must mention Nicki (aka Nickita, named after the Elton John song). She was a mixed German Shepherd and lived to be 15 1/2 years old. We lost her last June about this time. She and my youngest pretty much grew up together. Even when she was getting old, we kept saying she didn't want to die b/c she didn't want to miss out on anything. :) I had the privilege of being with her when she died. Those of you on FB can probably see her in my pics there.

We also had a dog before Nicki named Lambie, which was a mixed lab and curly coated retriever. He was precious--after Paula was born, when she would cry, he'd come to get us.

We had a cat along with Lambie named Misty. He didn't like being supplanted by Paula. Once he got upset and tried to take a swipe at her bottom, but his claws got stuck in her pampers. :lol:

We also had a cat after Misty named Jesse. Jesse didn't like it when we moved, and she ran away. Of course, we had been in that home for about 10 years with her. She didn't like change very well.

Also, being homeschoolers, we've had a variety of pets that were either bought or found for observation.

We had some African water frogs which we later donated to the local college. The best thing about that was that one jumped out of the tank and crawled underneath the office door of one of the meanest profs in the Biolgy Dept.
We were heroes. :D

Paula also had two turtles, Darth James and Darth Anthony. Both girls contributed to the first turtle's name. After he ran away, my youngest (Paula) wanted St. Anthony (patron saint of lost things) to bring Darth James back. She even lit a candle in front of the St. Anthony statue at church to bring Darth James back. DH was skeptical, but then 2 days after Paula lit the candle, I found another turtle which she decided to name in honor of St. Anthony. But he ran away, and we thought perhaps St. Anthony didn't appreciate having a turtle named after him. ;)

Currently we have our dog, Hunter (1 yr. old) and two rabbits, Snufkin (named after a character in "Finn Family Moomintroll") and Grigori (*not* named for Rasputin, but a character from "The Singing Tree")."
~Lao Wei
donnarose

Postby tracy on June 7th, 2010, 9:11 pm

:D would love to see your pet pictures donnarose
tracy with out the E
tracy

PreviousNext

Return to Pets