pets corner

Here you can post your own photos of your own pets.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Only post pictures if you own the copyright.
Maximum size 500 X 500 pixels 72 dpi.
Maximum 2 pictures per post.

Re: pets corner

Postby Betty on June 3rd, 2013, 3:03 pm

She is such a cutie!
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Postby Karrit on June 3rd, 2013, 3:10 pm

Betty wrote:She is such a cutie!

Thank you. She is a wonderful dog. My family adopted Lucy a month after the loss of our Belgian groenendael, Buckwheat. I haven't owned many labs before, but I always took them to be barkers. Lucy hardly ever barks.
"Courage isn’t a matter of not being frightened, it’s being afraid and doing what you have to do anyway." - Third Doctor
Karrit

Postby Betty on June 3rd, 2013, 3:13 pm

Good personality is so important in a dog. :)
Betty

Postby Karrit on June 3rd, 2013, 3:19 pm

Betty wrote:Good personality is so important in a dog. :)

That she has. Lucy is friendly. I had a friend that was afraid of dogs due to being attacked when he was younger. He fell in love with my lab.
"Courage isn’t a matter of not being frightened, it’s being afraid and doing what you have to do anyway." - Third Doctor
Karrit

Postby Betty on June 3rd, 2013, 3:34 pm

I have a similar story about my 1st dog. I used to be very scared of dogs when I was a child, because an evil corgi puppy called Ziggy once bit me. And yet, there was one dog (beautiful three-coloured middle-sized mixed wonder) I was never afraid of. I kept telling my mum that I wanted him (no-one understood why, since I was afraid of dogs), but she kept telling me that he already had an owner.

Then many years later, the old lady who had this lovely creature died, and the poor dog went to live with her relatives on a farm. They hated him, because he wasn't a farm dog (and he probably hated the farm as well). So I had a great idea. We called them to tell them that we would love to have the dog, which made everybody very happy, especially me and the dog. Plus he already knew the house & the neighbourhood, so it was the best thing that could have happened.

So that's how I got my first dog. And that's also how I ceased to be afraid of those wonderful canine creatures.
Betty

Postby Karrit on June 3rd, 2013, 3:49 pm

My father firmly believes how dogs are raised has a dramatic affect on their personalities. He explained to me how he hates seeinf dogs tied up or left alone because dogs are social animals. The pack element is crucial to their well-being. You also need to spend time with dogs and help them understand what commands mean.

That might be why both Buck and Lucy turned out wonderful. Both were kept indoors, except for exercise and when we were present, but they frequently went on road trips and travel.
Karrit

Postby tracy on June 3rd, 2013, 4:54 pm

lucy is lovly kerrit thanks for sharing :)
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby MCH on June 4th, 2013, 2:53 am

Lucy is very pretty. ;)
MCH

Postby Karrit on June 4th, 2013, 10:53 am

Thanks. :D
Karrit

Previous

Return to Pets