For The Beauty Of The Earth

Here you are invited to post your own pictures if you own the copyright.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Only post pictures if you own the copyright.
Maximum size 500 X 500 pixels 72 dpi.
Maximum 2 pictures per post.

Re: For The Beauty Of The Earth

Postby MCH on April 17th, 2011, 4:37 pm

Beautiful pics Tracy!

But why is that little guy so sad and blue? :cry:

Just a guess, but are those flowers on the right a phlox? They are early bloomers. I'm glad to see that spring has finally sprung there. I thought spring was here too but it has turned chilly, brrr.

What all is blooming in your area now? Here, the tulips, grape hyacinths, tulip magnolia, fruit trees, red buds, , mahonias, wisteria and jonquils have faded, but the azaleas, lamiastrum, dogwoods, periwinkles, hyacinths, anemones and green and golds are in full bloom. At least that is what I can recall that I have seen blooming around here.

I'd like to see even more spring pictures ! Yay spring !!!

MCH
Last edited by MCH on April 17th, 2011, 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MCH

Postby tracy on April 17th, 2011, 5:45 pm

:D the flowers in the long tub ive just found the labal for them the ones on the right are phlox subulata emerald cushion blue. the little blue guy was a gift from mums grandkids his hat flops down so we keep it like that cute isnt he we have a red robin tree at the bottom of the garden that will have to be trimmed back when it dies off
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Clara Listensprechen on April 17th, 2011, 5:48 pm

----
Last edited by Clara Listensprechen on May 30th, 2011, 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clara Listensprechen

Postby MCH on April 17th, 2011, 9:09 pm

I love creeping phlox and have tried several times to get some to grow in my yard but it is too shady. :(
I do have a minuscule patch of garden phlox. It has managed to find a spot where it gets a few rays of sunshine, lol. I once had a tall garden phlox variety but alas it died to neglect. Unfortunately my garden has that problem with me. My plants have to be extremely self-sustaining. :roll:

MCH
MCH

Postby tracy on May 11th, 2011, 4:38 pm

i got these today they are solor lights 3of animals and 3 of rock you leave them in the sun light and at night they glow as ive got them today they might not work tonight but when they are working i will take a night picture of them.we already have an owl at the bottom of the garden that glows at night had him for ages
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Clara Listensprechen on May 11th, 2011, 5:59 pm

----
Last edited by Clara Listensprechen on May 30th, 2011, 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clara Listensprechen

Postby MCH on May 11th, 2011, 7:09 pm

Tracy,

I had one that looked like a Toucan. It never worked right and finally broke the other day. But my brother had a Tiki one that worked for a long time.

Clara,

Thanks for the heads up about the toxicity.

MCH
MCH

Postby tracy on July 3rd, 2011, 7:55 pm

im sorry to hear that mch
here are some sweet william plants ive put in today that were givin to me from the guy next door he has been growing them from seed .i love these plants dont know when they will be out in flower thou
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby MCH on July 3rd, 2011, 8:09 pm

I think that sweet Williams are biennials. They should grow this year and bloom next spring. If they are the sweet William plants that I know. Maybe they will reseed themselves and continue to grow in that spot as well. I like that nice black soil you have there. Mine is orange, clayey and full of rocks, lol.

MCH
MCH

Postby tracy on July 5th, 2011, 9:19 am

:D i had to give the soil a good over with the fork nothink had been put in there for god knows how long .thanks mch for the infomation xx
tracy with out the E
tracy

PreviousNext

Return to Wildlife and nature