For The Beauty Of The Earth

Here you are invited to post your own pictures if you own the copyright.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Only post pictures if you own the copyright.
Maximum size 500 X 500 pixels 72 dpi.
Maximum 2 pictures per post.

For The Beauty Of The Earth

Postby Moderator on March 11th, 2011, 1:02 am

Dear Members of Tom -

This photo album has been created for the placing of your favourite mother nature themes.

With winter just ending and spring about to sprung full blown ... we look forward to your entries.

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Re: For The Beauty Of The Earth

Postby pattie anne on March 11th, 2011, 1:33 am

dear dirk -

ta, for setting this up for all of us. have two winter pics to put here and then in my next post i'll put up two spring ones. so how about THAT for contrast?

good luck with the NEW and IMPROVED Fan Community board.

love
pattie anne :geek:

"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby MCH on March 11th, 2011, 3:52 am

Yippie!

And away we go!

Winter was relatively fun this year. I love to see snow like in Patties photos. Winter, the time for rest. Well at least for some things, lol.

We had some snow this year which is fairly rare for us here in the deep south of North America. Although in other places I know that the snow was a nightmare.

I wonder what others winter tales are from this past season?

Nice winter pics Pattie !

Mch
MCH

Sweet water creek

Postby MCH on March 11th, 2011, 7:11 pm

Greetings all members of Tom.

This is a photo I took of some rapids at Sweet Water Creek State Park in Georgia, USA. It was from a couple weeks ago when we had temperatures in the mid to upper 70s. I'm not sure why they called it a creek as it looks like a river to me. :? Well, a small river, lol. A couple of years ago there was a devastating flood that damaged much of the banks of the creek. There are trees down all along the banks and a good sized steel bridge was washed away.

Next to where I shot this picture was the ruins of an old textile mill. I say ruins because it was burnt down by Union troops during the Civil War. Further downstream is a waterfall but we didn't walk down that far to get any pictures.

Along the trails we saw rocks full of sparkling bits of Mica. It made them look like they were full of diamonds. And the rocks also had Garnet crystals in them. Unfortunately they are not gem quality. :cry: they are very old and weathered.

Can you hear the water cascading over the rocks? ;)

Mch
Last edited by MCH on March 12th, 2011, 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
MCH

Postby tracy on March 11th, 2011, 8:00 pm

:D thanks dirk . all the pictures are great i love the sweet water creek these sort of things fasternate me
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Moderator on March 11th, 2011, 11:59 pm

Great photos ladies. This kind of thing was what we had in mind for this place.

Ta, for sharing.

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

PS: Yes I know what time it is; and yes my mummy knows exactly where I am. Chill! :lol:

D. G.

Spring has Sprung

Postby MCH on March 12th, 2011, 3:23 am

Greetings,

I took this picture of Yoshino Cherry Blossoms today. The pale pink blossoms make the tree look like a pink cloud and when they fall on the ground it looks like pink snow.

Current blooming plants in my yard are: daffodils, plum trees, forsythia, tulip magnolia, pear tree, camelia, mahonia beali, grape hyacinths and a number of wild plants.

What kind of plants are blooming in your neck of the woods?

:arrow: MCH
MCH

Re: Spring has Sprung

Postby jaybee on March 12th, 2011, 6:13 am

MCH wrote:Greetings,

What kind of plants are blooming in your neck of the woods?

LOL!!!!

Unless potholes the size of the Grand Canyon count, we haven't yet reached blooming season. We've still got snow on the ground, although we've been having a couple of days of above freezing temperatures. However, so far the only plants on display around this neck of the woods are manufacturing plants. :lol:
jaybee

Manufacturing plants

Postby MCH on March 12th, 2011, 1:52 pm

Jaybee,

Your too funny !

But now that I think on it, manufacturing plants do SPRING up from the ground. They are made of... Well they have some wood in them. They release gasses into the air and come in different sizes, shapes and colors.

They have two legged critters that help maintain them and like in any symbiotic relationship the manufacturing plant also produces things that is of benefit to the critters. And when they die other plants pop up around them.

AND, they are up and running all year long in rain, snow or in the suns glow !

Wow, who woulda thunk it ? Thanks for the entertaining enlightenment Jaybee ! And I hope that soon you will see some organic plants springing up in your neck o,f the woods.

Regards,
MCH

Postby jaybee on March 22nd, 2011, 12:28 am

Maybe at the beginning of winter, this would have qualified as "beauty of the earth". But, I took this photo today, March 21, 2011, first day of spring. Who knew? Now, it's no longer beautiful, it's just plain depressing.

The snow was melting away, the spring flooding had started, and now this!!!

I'm incensed!!! Not much I can do about it, though; so I thought I'd share my depression....

jaybee

Next

Return to Wildlife and nature