All Creatures Great and Small

Here you are invited to post your own pictures if you own the copyright.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Only post pictures if you own the copyright.
Maximum size 500 X 500 pixels 72 dpi.
Maximum 2 pictures per post.

Camera

Postby MCH on March 12th, 2011, 4:59 am

Donna rose,

The camera has many bells and whistles. And as usual with such marvels of technology it is equally difficult to use.
But it is worth it to be able to take cool pics ! And there are so many wonderful things to take pictures of.

I'd love to see a picture of one of the badgers that live at Tom and Sues house ! :D
Or pictures of critters at anyone elses area. :P
:arrow: MCH
MCH

Re: All Creatures Great and Small

Postby Prydonian on March 18th, 2011, 8:16 pm

I have bee perusing the ohotogrpah area of the site and saw some of the pics of Tom with his cats. How adorable! i love cats too and am just so pleased to know my childhood hero adores them as well.
Prydonian

Postby Clara Listensprechen on April 3rd, 2011, 5:05 pm

----
Last edited by Clara Listensprechen on May 30th, 2011, 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clara Listensprechen

Postby tracy on April 3rd, 2011, 6:14 pm

:D i love the blue jay very nice .that hawk is such a bully its a shame about the other birds they have no chance with him around .thanks for sharing with us
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby MCH on April 3rd, 2011, 8:01 pm

Hawks just do what they do. It keeps little critters on their toes sho' ' nuff. I love to watch the hawks in my neighborhood. One day not long ago I had 3 red tails arguing with 2 coopers right at my back door. What a ruckus they made.
I have planted many sheltering trees and shrubs around to give the little birds a place to hide.

Clara, I like your pictures and your story! Thank you for sharing them. :D I bet it is amusing to watch those blue jays battle for nuts. I have a question for you. First I must explain something. Years ago when we lived elsewhere the blue jays there would make a noise that to me sounded like "twertle, twertle." However, the ones around here say, "peeper, peeper." My question is this; Do yours say, twertle, peeper or something else other then "jay?" :?

MCH
MCH

Postby Clara Listensprechen on April 4th, 2011, 6:10 pm

----
Last edited by Clara Listensprechen on May 30th, 2011, 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clara Listensprechen

Postby Clara Listensprechen on April 4th, 2011, 8:15 pm

----
Last edited by Clara Listensprechen on May 30th, 2011, 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clara Listensprechen

Postby Prydonian on April 4th, 2011, 10:40 pm

Wow! That's certainly impressive! :D
Prydonian

Postby MCH on April 14th, 2011, 12:24 am

Greetings Baker Believers !

This past weekend we visited Lake Guntersville, Alabama. It is located in the northeastern part of the state and is a part of the Tennessee River. Known for it's diversity of waterfowl, which unfortunately is most prevalent in winter months. So, mainly we saw Coots, Canada's and herons.

This picture was a fluke although I'd like to say that I meant to take it this way, lol. It is interesting because you can see the Goose and it's shadow but you can't see the water. You can actually see his feet and debris on the lake bottom. Some strange effect caused by having the flash on. Can you tell I'm not a professional photographer? ;)

This next picture was taken at the same spot as the Goose. Unfortunately what made a great shot with the Goose turned out a near disaster for the Heron pictures as they were all over exposed. Why I had the flash on I couldn't say. Some sort of brain damage, lol. In front of me was a Goose and Gander. He wasn't altogether happy that I was so close but I gave them some tortilla bread and that was acceptable. They didn't leave did they? :D I pretty much stayed in one position. The Heron was just off to my left. He was wading towards me and snapping up fish on occasion. It was great fun to watch him zero in on a fish and snap his head down into the water. I wondered how it was that the fish didn't see the birds body or it's feet? But it seemed invisible to them. I'd like to know the Herons trick because whenever I would go fishing the fish always saw me and headed for cover, lol. This photo took some tweaking to balance the brightness and contrast. I wish the heron could have told me my flash was on, lol.

Anyway, I hope that you enjoy this picture as well. A little glimpse of Lake Guntersville and our mini holiday.

Btw, the goose was standing in the same water as the heron. Even though the settings were the same on the camera I got two different results. Well, the camera does have somewhat of a mind of it's own. Which is why the human has to know what to do in order to get a good picture. Or ... never mind, lol.
Last edited by MCH on April 14th, 2011, 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
MCH

Postby Clara Listensprechen on April 14th, 2011, 1:29 am

----
Last edited by Clara Listensprechen on May 30th, 2011, 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clara Listensprechen

PreviousNext

Return to Wildlife and nature