Tom Baker at Debenham's in Plymouth in 1975

In this section you are invited to post your own pictures of yourself and/or family members with Tom, taken at conventions or wherever you may have met him. Talk about them, too!

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Only post pictures if you own the copyright.
Maximum size 500 X 500 pixels 72 dpi.
Maximum 2 pictures per post.

Tom Baker at Debenham's in Plymouth in 1975

Postby derektait on May 14th, 2010, 5:45 pm

Tom Baker at Debenhams, Plymouth 1975.

In about 1975, Tom appeared at Debenham's in Plymouth to promote a book for Target called 'The Doctor Who Monster Book'. He arrived at about 9am on a Saturday morning and I remember getting up early to go and see him. The store had a Tardis set up and a table for him to sign copies of his book. I remember all the kids cheering when he came up the escalator to the third floor, dressed as Doctor Who complete with scarf, and I was also surprised at how tall he was. He was very friendly and lovely to all the kids and happily signed autographs and posed for photos. I took several photos on that day but the one that appears here is the only one that I still have - unfortunately, the others have been lost over the years.
Last edited by derektait on November 20th, 2013, 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
derektait

Re: Tom Baker at Debenham's in Plymouth in 1975

Postby Moderator on May 14th, 2010, 10:13 pm

Dear derektairt -

Ah, Ha! There we are. Or rather, there you are. Great picture! This is what we were hoping for when we started "collecting" for this Forum. Thank you so very much for your contribution. And should any of your others ever resurface again, please be so kind as put us in the picture. ;)

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Postby pattie anne on May 14th, 2010, 10:34 pm

dear derek -

thank you so much for your contribution. great pic. know Our Mister TOM will enjoy this lil' stroll down memory lane too.

best,
pattie anne :geek:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby tracy on June 8th, 2010, 6:40 pm

:D great pictures derek thanks for sharin
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby MattVernon on November 2nd, 2010, 2:34 pm

Smashing photos! Thanks for sharing.
MattVernon

Postby donnarose on November 4th, 2010, 1:55 am

Thanks for posting! I do enjoy seeing the fan photos!
Love begins when the needs of someone else become more important than your own.
~Lao Wei
donnarose

Postby Moderator on November 6th, 2010, 2:18 pm

Me too! Sure wish there was someway we could get more participation. Especially of the times when Tom was the Doctor. Perhaps, maybe, if we ran a contest for the 'Oldest' fan photo published on the Website, that might generate some interest.

Best,

Postby Who dat? on November 7th, 2010, 4:08 pm

Moderator wrote:Me too! Sure wish there was someway we could get more participation. Especially of the times when Tom was the Doctor. Perhaps, maybe, if we ran a contest for the 'Oldest' fan photo published on the Website, that might generate some interest.

Best,

Dirk, and everyone listening, those of us who will probably never get the chance to meet Tom in person beg you most emphatically to post those pictures! For example the most recent signing event that Tom attended. One single photo posted by the mods and, I may recall, one by a member. You can't even begin to tell me that no one was taking pictures. As for the photos in the category of "Oldest" the same point is valid. Everyone that could was taking pictures and they need to see the light of day! And I need to see them! Oh yeah, everyone else too :D
Doctor: "I'm Lord President, and I'm called sir."
Who dat?

Return to Fan Photos with Tom