Tom and me. Some OLD and Some NEW

In this section you are invited to post your own pictures of yourself and/or family members with Tom, taken at conventions or wherever you may have met him. Talk about them, too!

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Only post pictures if you own the copyright.
Maximum size 500 X 500 pixels 72 dpi.
Maximum 2 pictures per post.

Re: Tom and me. Some OLD and Some NEW

Postby pattie anne on June 2nd, 2010, 8:20 pm

dear jillx -

what an adorable little brunette in your first pic. ta, for posting them, even if you can't remember all those names from long years ago.

and TOM is wearing the "SHADA" scarf that sold for thousands of pounds not too long ago.

"really, good shew!"
ed sullivan

love,
pattie anne :geek:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby Jillx on June 2nd, 2010, 8:23 pm

Thanks, Pattie.

And as promised, the final two from The Thamesbrooke event. Over to the right of the picture is Ed Parsons the fourteen old lad, next to Patsy Dooley in blue, she was a care assistant, Ed Parsons does really clever stuff with Google, sometimes interviewed about his job on TV in the UK, he is the son of another former work colleague.
In the lower photo to Tom's right is Doris, I can't remember her last name presently, she was a resident at Thamesbrooke.
I came across another photo of the Thamesbrooke event, I'll try and put it up later.

Last edited by Jillx on June 3rd, 2010, 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Take care, Luv Jillx
Jillx

Postby pattie anne on June 2nd, 2010, 8:26 pm

and there she is again. what a cutie! and TOM ain't half bad either. glorious NOSE! :mrgreen:

love,
pattie anne :ugeek:
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby donnarose on June 2nd, 2010, 9:52 pm

Looks like a great time! Thanks for sharing!
Love begins when the needs of someone else become more important than your own.
~Lao Wei
donnarose

Postby Jillx on June 3rd, 2010, 7:48 am

pattie anne wrote: glorious NOSE! :mrgreen:

love,
pattie anne :ugeek:

Certainly magnificent in profile ;)
Take care, Luv Jillx
Jillx

Postby Jillx on June 3rd, 2010, 7:51 am

Hi DonnaRose, good to see you, where do you live in the US?
Take care, Luv Jillx
Jillx

Postby donnarose on June 3rd, 2010, 12:34 pm

I am in PA, where I've been having quite a battle with our local PBS station to try to get them to broadcast old episodes of "Doctor Who."

Other PBS stations in the US will run the older episodes, but our local station won't. The first excuse they gave was that BBC America was available on cable. When we told them that not all people have cable, they shrugged us off.

But then when we (I'm including my daughter in this as she was writing the bulk of the emails) found that other PBS stations were running the show and sent them a link to which ones, they ignored that email altogether.

So that tells me, they don't really have a reason.

Considering the lack of response they've given, I suppose I shouldn't approach them about reruns of "The Red Green Show" either. ;)

Thanks be to God for Netflix or we wouldn't be watching very much Dr. Who at all.
~Lao Wei
donnarose

Postby Jillx on June 4th, 2010, 3:49 am

Good luck Donna, is Cable available at all in your region? We have 'Brighthouse' here ,
How about you Gold Usher?
I really like their service, the monthly fee includes internet, TV, with Digital recording, how nice to be able to watvh programs on one's own schedule, and phone, long distance through out the country.

ps;
I love BBC America and BBC World News on PBS, those two programs give sucha different and broader view point
Take care, Luv Jillx
Jillx

Postby donnarose on June 4th, 2010, 2:20 pm

Thanks, Jillx.

Cable is available, but we are on a budget. It's one of those things where we really wouldn't be using the cable tv very much except for BBC America and EWTN.

I think it's just the principle of the whole thing--the PBS station never really answered why they couldn't run Dr. Who episodes while others didn't seem to have a problem.

Our local PBS station tends to be a bit "snobby," kind of a little fish in a big pond, since we are on the East Coast and near several large metropolitan areas. They're trying to establish themselves as "ultra" cultural. I suppose they feel they'd be looked down upon in the industry if they ran science fiction shows like Dr. Who or comedy like Red Green.

It's a sad situation, but we make do. :) I'm glad we subscribe to Netflix.
~Lao Wei
donnarose

Postby pattie anne on June 4th, 2010, 3:43 pm

dear donnarose -

know what you mean. use to donate $100 a year to my local PBS station for all the TIME they ran Dr Who. the last year i gave, they pulled HIS series about a month after the pledge drive was over. they will NEVER see a dime from me again! :evil: as the way i see it, they still owe ME eleven months of Dr Who! :twisted:

pattie anne
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Previous

Return to Fan Photos with Tom