Meeting Tom at Time Quest 2 - March 2010

In this section you are invited to post your own pictures of yourself and/or family members with Tom, taken at conventions or wherever you may have met him. Talk about them, too!

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Only post pictures if you own the copyright.
Maximum size 500 X 500 pixels 72 dpi.
Maximum 2 pictures per post.

Meeting Tom at Time Quest 2 - March 2010

Postby Bob Mitsch on March 31st, 2010, 1:37 am

Having never had the chance to meet Tom in the USA (I was just a *bit* too young to personally attend or convince my parents to take me to the conventions in the 80's) I decided to finally make the long journey to the UK and meet him finally at Time Quest 2. I had a blast and Tom was awesome.

Here are my pics with Tom. Solo Photo Shoot:

Last edited by Bob Mitsch on March 31st, 2010, 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Mitsch

Re: Meeting Tom at Time Quest 2 - March 2010

Postby Bob Mitsch on March 31st, 2010, 1:39 am

Group Photo Shoot:

EDIT to add- having just read Tom's newsletter, I can assure you all I wasn't the lad from the US who called him God. At least I don't remember calling him God. It may look that way in these photos (considering the costume) that I *could* have said that, but I didn't say it. I kept it respectful. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Last edited by Bob Mitsch on March 31st, 2010, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Mitsch

Postby madgoth on March 31st, 2010, 1:50 am

Who are the ladies? One is Tegan, Also who is the chap in the top row, left end?

I am just going to have to pop over for a Time Quest. I just have to meet you Tom, in person, just once. Even if I can only stay for the weekend.

Thanks for sharing your memories. :mrgreen:
madgoth

Postby Bob Mitsch on March 31st, 2010, 2:09 am

Your welcome.

The ladies- I'm sure you recognize Janet Fielding next to me. The other two are Lucy Benjamin and Sian Pattenden who played the very young Nyssa and tegan when they de-aged in a scene in Mawdryn Undead. The chap in the upper left is Tim Ingham who played Sao Til in the Tonight's the Night skit with John Barrowman on the TARDIS Set.
Bob Mitsch

Postby Marcello Cristiano on March 31st, 2010, 2:20 am

Hi Bob. My name is Marcello. WOW!!! You got to meet both TOM BAKER AND PAUL McGANN!!! You're a bit of a celebrity to me, as I saw you on the Doctor Who Specials DVD boxset "Doctor Who at Comic Con". You waved to the camera. I had to take a double look as you looked so much like TOM. THANKS for putting up those pictures. Keep rocking the season 12 outfit! YOU ROCK, MAN!!!

Your new friend,

Marcello
:D
Last edited by Marcello Cristiano on April 1st, 2010, 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby tracy on March 31st, 2010, 9:31 am

:D great photos bob thank you and welcome to toms dinner table
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Toothy Grin on March 31st, 2010, 10:22 am

Very funny photos. Tom looks to be on good form. The costume is excellent - very accurate. You do bear more of a resmblance to Tim Curry than Tom though. :lol:
Toothy Grin

Postby Moderator on March 31st, 2010, 4:36 pm

Dear Bob -

Thanks you so much for Posting your pics. Saved me the time of looking you up. Have known of you and your group, for some time now, and all your costumes are fantastic reproductions. Don't be a stranger here.

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Postby Forum Moderator on March 31st, 2010, 4:45 pm

Funny pictures, Bob, and marvellous costume, but a gentle reminder about the photo section guidelines. We asked you not to post more than once in succession, but as there has already been a response to your pictures, I'll let it pass this time, unless members disagree.

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby pattie anne on March 31st, 2010, 5:00 pm

i wish to object! :evil:

want even 'moore'! * :lol:

great FANPICS bob. don't you belong to some sort of group WHO also have 'alsorts' of clever and creative costume reproductions?

best,
pattie anne :geek:

Last edited by pattie anne on April 1st, 2010, 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Next

Return to Fan Photos with Tom