Tom and JayBee

In this section you are invited to post your own pictures of yourself and/or family members with Tom, taken at conventions or wherever you may have met him. Talk about them, too!

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Only post pictures if you own the copyright.
Maximum size 500 X 500 pixels 72 dpi.
Maximum 2 pictures per post.

Re: Tom and JayBee Stamp Centre Sept. 2009

Postby madgoth on March 30th, 2010, 2:19 pm

:)

Looks like so much fun!

thanks for sharing!
madgoth

Stamp Centre April 2006

Postby jaybee on April 1st, 2010, 3:32 pm

There's a bit of a story involved with these two photos. They're the only other two that I have that are truly mine. I took them at a signing at the Stamp Centre on April 12, 2006.

I went to London purposely to attend the signing and was to meet two friends from the previous incarnation of the Tom Baker Forum. We were to meet at 10:00 AM at Charing Cross tube station. I was there 15 minutes early and waited until 11:00 before giving up and walking down to the Stamp Centre. The lineup was shocking. It went all the way down the block on The Strand and half-way down Adam Street and I was at the end. By 2:00 PM, I'd only made it as far as the corner of The Strand and Adam and someone from the shop came along and told us that we might not get to meet Tom, as he had to leave on time. About half an hour later, one of my friends, who was closer to the front, found me and brought me up the line to where she and the other girl were waiting. So, I managed to get in to see Tom. Phew!

Because there was such a huge queue (still!) waiting outside, we were hurried thru. So I got a whole minute to talk to Tom (well, actually, he talked to me) and then got hustled along. I didn't have time to get my picture taken with him, but I found a corner to stand in and refused to leave until I'd gotten my photo.

Beside Tom was Sophie Aldred and beside her was a gentleman whose name totally escapes me right now. Just as I was about to snap the photo, the fellow said something that totally hit Tom's funny bone and the first picture is the one I snapped. I call it "Tom's Tonsils". It's one of my favourite pictures of him! I was able to keep my spot and wait for him to calm down a bit and catch another picture which is also a favourite because he had such a huge grin on his face.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

jaybee

Re: Stamp Centre April 2006

Postby pattie anne on April 1st, 2010, 4:48 pm

dear jaybee -

so you are the one WHO those photos belong to! :lol: learn something new everyday. :P great stuff. ta, for sharing.

best,
pattie anne :geek:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Re: Stamp Centre April 2006

Postby Mouser on April 3rd, 2010, 1:34 am

Been a long time since I've seen these, lovely to see them again. I hope someday to have my own. Madgoth and I are determined to make a Tom sandwich. At Panopticon we DID manage to make a McGannwich. ;)
Well, my doctorate is purely honorary, and Harry here is only qualified to work on sailors.
Mouser

Postby Jillx on April 29th, 2010, 1:42 am

Hey Jay Bee, Tom's not looking at another camera, he's lookin' at you kid. ;)
Take care, Luv Jillx
Jillx

Postby jaybee on April 30th, 2010, 3:06 am

Hmmmmmm.... maybe he spotted the dragon on my chest when my shirt opened a bit on the right side.
:oops:

Nah! He was looking at another camera! :lol:

Nice thought, though, Jillx. Thanks.
jaybee

Re: Tom and JayBee

Postby jaybee on September 27th, 2010, 12:35 am

These are new ones taken on September 23, 2010 at the Stamp Centre. I decided to extend my trip to London (which was supposed to be over on September 13) so that I could see Tom one more time. The fellow who took the photos took the first one, said I was squinting, and then took a second. When I got back to my hotel and took a look, my eyes were wide open in the "squinting" picture. In fact, I was talking when he took the photo; so I shut up and smiled for the second. :lol:

No smile from Tom, though. Drat!

Here's the "squinty" one, followed by the smiley one:

jaybee

Postby tracy on September 27th, 2010, 4:00 pm

:D great photos jaybee thanks for sharing with us and im sorry i couldnt be there you both look great
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby donnarose on September 29th, 2010, 12:29 pm

Thanks for sharing these!

What a wonderful place that must be! Look at all the books! :D
Love begins when the needs of someone else become more important than your own.
~Lao Wei
donnarose

Postby Moderator on September 29th, 2010, 9:07 pm

Dear Jaybee -

Books ... Daleks ... and the Doctor :?: Heaven :!:

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

PS: And I saw what you did. That was a very kind thing to do. :mrgreen:

D. G.

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Photos with Tom