Tom and Sir Bruce at Panopticon West 1984

In this section you are invited to post your own pictures of yourself and/or family members with Tom, taken at conventions or wherever you may have met him. Talk about them, too!

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Only post pictures if you own the copyright.
Maximum size 500 X 500 pixels 72 dpi.
Maximum 2 pictures per post.

Tom and Sir Bruce at Panopticon West 1984

Postby Moderator on June 5th, 2011, 8:31 pm

For SirBruce:

Tom,

This was certainly one of the most memorable moments of my young life!

I was only 13 and officially 4 foot 11 and 3/4 inches; at 6 foot 3 inches you towered over me. I had to wear a half-length scarf my mom knitted for me because a full-size one was too long! You were really concerned that I was so small and you told, "Eat more porridge!" Then someone in the crowd said something funny I don't remember and we both cracked up laughing (2nd picture). You can see from the pictures that there's never been a kid happier to meet his hero.

Anyway, I thought you might enjoy seeing the pictures, and that you'd be happy to learn that I eventually did get my growth spurt and now I'm six foot even! So thank you very much for your advice and for all you've done for Doctor Who over the years.

Dear Forum Posters -

Am attempting to help Sir Bruce with his post. Please hang in there as you can see, they are delightful photos, and we will get it right eventually.

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

PS: And a big thank you to Pattie Anne who was generous enough to allow me to post SirBruce's photos at her website, temporarily. :mrgreen:

D. G.
Last edited by Moderator on June 7th, 2011, 9:51 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Reason: MODerating interference

Re: Tom and Sir Bruce at Panopticon West 1984

Postby MCH on June 6th, 2011, 12:20 am

Thanks Dirk and Pattie Anne.

And a big thank you to SirBruce for sharing these delightful pictures with us. They are so cute! What are all those buttons attached to your scarf Bruce? What a terrific scarf too! Your mother was a talented lady to knit such a wonder. And some brand new piccies of Mr. Tom! Look at that thin tie. What fun. :mrgreen:

MCH
MCH

Postby tracy on June 6th, 2011, 9:09 am

:D thanks dirk and pattie for helping sir bruce to sort his photos out .welcome to toms dinner table sirbruce love the photos they are great .enjoy your time on here :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby pattie anne on June 7th, 2011, 10:08 pm

welcome to TOM's Place SirBruce. :P

glad i was able to help you in my own small way. ;)

HOPE you get it all sorted out soon. :?

best,
pattie anne :geek:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Return to Fan Photos with Tom