The Welcome Wagon has arrived!

We welcome new members to our forum - and welcome former ones back.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Hello, new to site

Postby tracy on June 19th, 2010, 9:58 am

]D guys you can get the chicken and leak soup in a packet from sainsburys i have one here i dont like leaks onmy plate but its nice for soup,there are alot lot of things i dont like in food but we wont go into that now ha we should start a topic up of what food we do and dont like .lets just say you wouldnt like me for a dinner guest im very fussy and finerky with food ha .
tracy with out the E
tracy

Re: Hello, new to site

Postby mikotyk on June 19th, 2010, 1:40 pm

I had no idea what a leek was when I saw the can on the shelf but it looked interesting and I thought I'd give it a try. I know the leek that dirk is talking about and I hope that the leek in the soup doesn't taste like that one! I'll usually try any type of food at least once except I don't like clams or squid. It's the squishy texture that turns me off of it. I saw my wife eat a squid once at a Thai restaurant and a shiver ran down my spine. I've also tried lobster but I won't eat that either. I won't touch anything that looks like the face-huggers from the film "Alien" which, if you look at a lobster, is exactly what they look like: a face-hugger. It's amazing the impact of movies. I won't go very deep in the ocean when we travel to the shore because I saw 'Jaws' when I was about 9 or 10 yrs old. You never know what's lurking in the deep (or on your plate)!
Someday, my ship will come in, but with my luck, I'll be stranded at the airport!
mikotyk

Introduction

Postby ehrichweiss on July 2nd, 2010, 9:42 pm

Hi everyone(especially you, Tom),

I'm a fan of Tom/The Doctor of some 30 years. I started watching with, of course, the Fourth Doctor; I remember seeing Robot and knowing I didn't want to watch Superman like all my friends. I'm currently working my way back through all the Tom Baker episodes and then will start with the very first season and work my way up again. And I am a fan of the new series as well since it's as much the story as the actor.

I have more Doctor Who memorabilia than anyone I know; ice cube trays, books, trading cards, heavens knows what else, and one original fan painting by a friend that I simply could not resist buying. My goal is to make it to the U.K. to have Tom autograph this soon.

ehrichweiss

Re: Introduction

Postby Moderator on July 2nd, 2010, 9:56 pm

Dear Ehrich Weiss -

Welcome. We have several Tom Baker collectors about the place. So sure they will make their presence known to you in time. Have fun while you are here. Now that you are a member you may ask Tom one question a month. And should you have any fan photos of you and Tom we have a Forum where you can put them up too. Any further questions or comments I am one of two MODS here, and my cubicle is always open.

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

PS: The painting by your friend is very cute, and one could even say it is adorable. ;) Good luck in getting it signed.

D. G.

Postby mikotyk on July 2nd, 2010, 10:27 pm

Hello ErichWeiss,

Welcome to Tom's table. I love the painting!

Regards,
Mike
Someday, my ship will come in, but with my luck, I'll be stranded at the airport!
mikotyk

Postby donnarose on July 2nd, 2010, 11:46 pm

Welcome, welcome! :D
Love begins when the needs of someone else become more important than your own.
~Lao Wei
donnarose

Postby tracy on July 3rd, 2010, 9:12 am

welcome to toms dinner table ehrichweiss enjoy your self .great picture
Last edited by tracy on July 3rd, 2010, 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby pattie anne on July 3rd, 2010, 2:31 pm

welcome ehrich.

i want that painting! as i too have one or two TOM BAKER items lying about the place.

best,
pattie anne :geek:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby ehrichweiss on July 4th, 2010, 2:03 am

pattie anne wrote:welcome ehrich.

i want that painting! as i too have one or two TOM BAKER items lying about the place.

best,
pattie anne :geek:

I'm actually negotiating copyrights with the artist now so I may have that as a possibility for you sometime soon. She saw how much everyone loved the Baby Baker over the past few months that I've had it and is considering a series, possibly starting with the First Doctor and working her way up to Matt Smith. I'll keep everyone posted if they're really interested.
ehrichweiss

Hi all

Postby johnsond4 on July 24th, 2010, 10:46 pm

Hi everybody, I just want to say hello! How is everyone??
johnsond4

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome