The Welcome Wagon has arrived!

We welcome new members to our forum - and welcome former ones back.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Greetings

Postby Captain Rum on November 21st, 2009, 2:21 pm

Welcome aboard Cloaked One, hope you enjoy the forum :D
"Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....me laddie!"

"You damned courtiers to the Queen, you're nothing but lap dogs to a slip of a girl!"

Hope to meet a nautical cove or two online to chat about Tom, "Who", etc :-)
Captain Rum

Location: Yeovil....but only when my Tardis needs an overhaul.

Postby The Cloaked One on November 23rd, 2009, 1:27 pm

Thank you Pattie Anne and Captain Rum.
The only question that's really been in the air at the moment is whether or not I'll be able to use Tom Baker's voice, or an authenticated copy (such as when he worked with BT in Text to Speech) for fan parody creations.
I haven't been online in the last few days. I've been watching the Second and Third Doctors... and crying over the missing episodes. Manly tears, but I was crying nonetheless.
Si-Fy and Fantasy, that is where my heart lies. To Doctor Who and its 18 years of brilliance, still waiting on the 50 yr anniversary!
The Cloaked One

Postby pattie anne on November 28th, 2009, 12:32 am

Dear Cloaked One -

I would suggest you send an email via the CONTACT menu on this Website and ask. Explain exactly what you want the sound clip for, and how you plan to use it. And good luck with the project.

Best,
Pattie Anne
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby The Cloaked One on November 29th, 2009, 11:30 am

Thank you very much. I apologize for the trouble, I'll go ahead and do that then. Thank you again. :D
Si-Fy and Fantasy, that is where my heart lies. To Doctor Who and its 18 years of brilliance, still waiting on the 50 yr anniversary!
The Cloaked One

Postby pattie anne on November 30th, 2009, 7:25 pm

Dear Cloaked -

No problem at all. I truly believe fans should help each other; anyTIME they can.

Best,
Pattie Anne :geek:
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby JulietCatherine on November 30th, 2009, 9:09 pm

Dear The Cloak One:

Hi, welcome aboard! I was born on June 13, 1972 in Houston Texas USA, and I have no Doctor Who merchandise either. But started with watching Doctor Who when I was 2 years old, when Doctor Who was first originally airing on PBS. Pattie Anne is such a sweet heart! My name isn’t Juliet Catherine, my first name is Juliet though. Catherine is a pen name, or a screen name that I wanted to use. I for one LOVE for you to be here! I wish you look around Tom Baker’s official website, and you can learn more about him, that what I have been doing, and having such fun. I have also been instant messaging and chatting with people who have joined this board, and learning a lot about Tom Baker too. I also appreciate of Pattie Anne, Merlinsseer, and John for all their kindness. DO NOT be a STRANGER!

Sincerely,
Juliet
Juliet
Happy Holidays
Houston Texas USA
JulietCatherine

Postby The Cloaked One on December 1st, 2009, 12:00 am

Thankyou, I certainly don't feel like a stranger. If I'm acting like one, it's because I'm still a stressed out and angsty teenager still buried under 15 kilograms of books. XD You all can call me Cloaky if you want, or feel free to come up with a nickname. :D
I'll be online a bit more often when Christmas Break comes up.
The Cloaked One

Postby The Cloaked One on December 17th, 2009, 11:02 pm

Yay! Only one more day until Christmas BreaK! Just 2 finals and freedom!!!
The Cloaked One

Postby The Cloaked One on December 17th, 2009, 11:35 pm

Yesterday was horrid. My morning started at four. I leaped out of bed like an action hero as my alarm rung. I had not learned economy in 87 days, but I was determined to understand it in the next three hours. Good thing I had my lucky roll of duct tape to keep my eyes open.
Monopoly, Monopsony, perfect competition, two graphs, one graph, five lines and then three. If my figuring was not jumbled enough already, I confused myself more. Seven o'clock came. I was standing in a bank of snow waiting for the bus to chug forward. Two blocks away, still shivering, one block away, now I knew I had got a cold, half a block away, the frostbite was creeping up my neck.
I stepped on. I should've brought my camera. There were so many sullen faces, I could cut the tension with a knife. These were not students being sent to school to take finals, these were captives being sent for mug shots!
The school came into view, much to our dismay. As quick as we were off, the bus zoomed off and all thoughts of escape became futile as the snow continued to fall.
I went to first period. Everyone was chatting nervously while our teacher beamed brightly, "Economy is simple! You'll do just fine!" The bell rang and the tests were passed out. 60 multiple choice and three essays and the incessant ticking of the clock next to us. I scratched my head, trying to recall all the lectures previous, I was not quite so successful at remembering as I was at making a pile of dandruff. I glanced up and around, so many minds at work. So many gears turning, but already students were starting to break down, smoke coming out of their ears when they suddenly slump forward. I told myself to concentrate, but that did not help much.
The teacher was probably laughing to himself. What a success he had made, the unbeatable test. So thorough and exact were the questions, relying on the most obscure data that it would take Einstein's reasoning to understand. He wore that grin of triumph that said 'give up, you cannot win.' I still pressed forward. An hour later and the multiple guess was done. I must say that is an accurate name for the problems. I grabbed the essay questions, and sat back down.
Chart this, graph that! All the nightmares I will have. The never ending test, the test that never ends. I scribbled down my first coherent thoughts, but in the end, I might as well have started sketching Mickey Mouse. I might've received more credit for creativity than the sheer insanity I was babbling. Maybe I'm a little too critical of my writing, but this certainly has been a class for making sense of the nonsense.
I sighed with relief when the last word leaked from the leady carcass of my pencil. I looked up once more. The classroom was in shambles, I have never seen death so horrible. I looked at the soulless shells of once bright and cheery students hunched back. The janitor was certainly going to have a busy time between periods, throwing the reject students in the dumpster out back. It was up to us survivors, as the bell rang, to walk forward to the next class.

This story might be a bit slanted in my favor, but this is certainly how I felt when I came home. XD
The Cloaked One

Postby jaybee on December 18th, 2009, 5:57 am

Ah, Cloaked One. I do hope you're planning to be a writer in the future. You're very skilled at it.

Your story is quite wonderful and took me back (wayyyyy back!) to my Maths term final my first year in university (my last year as well, as it happens). Disaster!

Thanks for brightening my day.
jaybee

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome