Good evening!

We welcome new members to our forum - and welcome former ones back.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Good evening!

Postby Ape on February 17th, 2014, 11:24 pm

I found a different link that got it regardless of creative cloud, but the trial version has a big old watermark across the middle. Do you have the full version?
Ape

Postby Betty on February 17th, 2014, 11:27 pm

Does it?? I never had a watermark with the trial version. Make sure it's CC and not Elements.
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Postby Ape on February 17th, 2014, 11:46 pm

You're right, the watermarked one was elements. The cc download link takes me to the apps section of creative cloud, where there's no sign of it anywhere! What am I doing wrong?
Ape

Postby Betty on February 17th, 2014, 11:52 pm

Normally, if you used their link, the app will already be downloading. See under downloads or something like that in the cloud app.
Betty

Postby NICHLOAS R on February 18th, 2014, 11:04 pm

"hello ape been off for a few days power went off Friday night due to weather did come back on for 24 hours was going to go to a gig and see a few punk bands plus a girl I know plays in a band and it was for a good cause punks my music era 77 and all that see you've put some more pantings up good my brother is the artest in the family have you done the daleks and the cybeermen yet I agree with you the storys are good they don't need fancy effects moden film and tv makers take note they try to cram to much into doctor who today that's why I watch again . do you get the doctor who magazine ape? the place to start and keeps you updated on the world of doctor I know you can on line. but the mag has good interviews toms been in a few times over the years .
NICHLOAS R

Postby Captain Rum on February 20th, 2014, 1:28 am

Ape wrote:I started watching Doctor Who by chance, at 13, with Christopher Eccleston. It immediately became a huge part of my life, though I ended up missing a chunk with a heavy heart due to lack of a tv and work obligations from 18-21. I'm all caught up on the new episodes now, and doing my best to get through the wonderful old ones, starting of course with the most legendary and iconic of all the Doctors. Everyone has 'their doctor', and while the Doctor of my childhood is 9, the Doctor of my adulthood is 4! I'm loving it all so much. Tom is an amazing Doctor and actor.

After watching the more contemporary Vincent and the Doctor, I've picked up painting, teaching myself how. Of course a lot of the paintings are themed around my favourite show. So, here's 2 of 4! One speed painting [LINK REDACTED, SEE PIC 4] and one that took a couple more hours and is a gift for another fan in the USA [LINK EXPUNGED, SEE PIC 2]

What do you think? Good likeness?

Edit: Links dutifully removed! How do I post pictures?

Edit2: So I have to shrink them to 500 pixels? Testing 1 2 3.

Good pics Ape and welcome aboard :)
"Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....me laddie!"

"You damned courtiers to the Queen, you're nothing but lap dogs to a slip of a girl!"

Hope to meet a nautical cove or two online to chat about Tom, "Who", etc :-)
Captain Rum

Location: Yeovil....but only when my Tardis needs an overhaul.

Postby Ape on February 20th, 2014, 10:24 pm

@ Betty: Couldn't find it and gave up in the end! Now looking for someone to do it for me like a lazy bum.

@ Nick: The snow? We've somehow miraculously skipped all that here, I'm rather disappointed, I was looking forward to a good blizzard! Glad it didn't stop you seeing your gig. Love a bit of punk, what were they singing about, stuff from the heyday of punk or current topics that they think need a little anarchy thrown into?

I've not done any of the villains yet (except a silent in the background) but I've been meaning to do some Daleks at some point! I guess it'd not be too much of a challenge to convey all the subtle nuances of emotion in the face of a Cyberman!

I don't get the magazine, don't really have any spare cash for it, maybe I will eventually but in the meantime there's plenty of stuff to read online!

@ Captain Rum: Cheers, Cap'n! Got a new one of 10 today.

Ape

Postby Betty on February 20th, 2014, 11:47 pm

I'll edit the video for you, if you want. Just give me the source video (send me a link in a direct message or something) and tell me what exactly you need, and I'll do it for you. :-)
Betty

Postby bonita4k2p on February 24th, 2014, 3:25 pm

Hooray! my computer is working again!

@ Bonnie: Much the same as I'm currently doing! Old shows can link generations with shared experiences. What do you think of the complaints the new series has faced? Did the old one suffer under the critics occasionally too?

Both old and new stories received complaints of being too violent for the kids. I feel Doctor Who did well because it was the good fighting the evil and it's important that evil should NOT prevail.
bonita4k2p

Postby Moderator on February 28th, 2014, 11:22 pm

Dear Ape -

Welcome aboard.

But one thing, Tom does not allow any link on either his website or his forum that he doesn't personally give his official stamp of approve on. This also includes written out ones in your Posts like ...

http://www.tom-baker.co.uk

Thanks, for complying. And have fun.

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome