Welcome to the Fan Community

We welcome new members to our forum - and welcome former ones back.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Welcome to the Fan Community

Postby merlinsseer on November 22nd, 2009, 10:32 pm

I myself am enjoying the forum very much and am very proud to be a guest at your dinner table.
i hope I been a good guest and can avoid having any bread thrown across the table at me ( sometimes I'll butter the slice and throw it back ).
I am curious as which parts of the forum are doing well so that we and any future members have an example of good table manners at Mr. Baker's place.
Thank you Mr. Baker- I hope this goes on for a long, long time and i truly appreciate all the effort that you and your team have put into this . i hope WE make it worth the effort.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
merlinsseer

Postby John on November 22nd, 2009, 10:36 pm

Glad to hear that a commentary track has been recorded for The Sunmakers, I believe it was Louise's favourite story, it was certainly one of mine!

How exciting that the wonderful Micheal Keating was able to participate, he was fantastic in Blakes 7, (my other sci-fi passion).

Looking forward to this one! :D
John

Postby pattie anne on November 23rd, 2009, 3:52 am

Dear Mr Baker -

Thank you for another TOM TERRIFIC newsletter. Please keep them coming!

When I first saw you on your video "Just Who On Earth Is Tom Baker? (directed by your own darling Sue) I thought that there just couldn't be anything better than to sit down at your table, and feast on your bread, your cheese and your stories. All these many years later, I still feel that way. Many thanks to you, and your still lovely wife that, that offer is still extended. May we never fail to please you, giving back to you, in some small measure what you have so selflessly shared with all of us for so many of your years.

Love,
pattie anne
Last edited by pattie anne on December 6th, 2009, 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby tracy on November 23rd, 2009, 10:53 am

:D :lol: great news letter tom and thank you for putting it on here really appreciate it .and yes its a wonderfull idear to be able to have all of us sit round the table i agree with you there .im enjoying the website and forum and what would be nice is that say xmas week we could all be on here at the same time one day to all chat round the table i think that would be great so tom if you thinks its a good idear to then how about you setting a day and time on xmas week where we all can be on here to chat and have a drink at the table
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Forum Moderator on November 23rd, 2009, 11:10 pm

Good idea, Tracy.
We'll see what we can do, though can't promise.
We'll certainly consider it.
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Ronald on December 3rd, 2009, 2:53 am

Hi all, My name is Ron. I live in Brandon, FL, just outside of Tampa. I am originally from Illinois, where I attended the University of Illinois in 1981. This was when I first got back into Doctor Who, and my first episode was Part 2 of The Ribos Operation. I was hooked and have spent the rest of my life devouring Doctor Who. I was so excited to finally get a Tom Baker action figure in my toy collection last year, outstanding. I am a Science Fiction fan, Star Trek, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc. Also a big fan of the Space Program, NASA, ESA, British Rocket Group ;).

I am so excited about Tom's audios and can't wait for part 3 to arrive in the US. Still wish they would do an animated story with Tom's Doctor!
Ron

Brandon, FL
Ronald

Postby merlinsseer on December 3rd, 2009, 3:02 am

waves at ronald- " hello !, i'm merlin and i don't think i've ever introduced myself to the others on this thread-oh well, they know i'm here :lol: and now you are too.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
merlinsseer

Postby John on December 3rd, 2009, 1:21 pm

Hi Ron - glad to have you here, hope you enjoy being at Tom's table. :D
John

Postby JulietCatherine on December 7th, 2009, 6:50 pm

My mother's Christmas Tree
Another angle of my mother's Christmas Tree

I want to wish the Bakers a Merry Christmas too!

From Your Fan,
Juliet

I for one don't want to lose Mister Tom Baker, I want him to have a long and a happy life on this earth! I am hoping Mister Tom Baker is taking good care of himself, where we will have him on this earth for a very very very very long time. We 'all NEED Mister Tom Baker to be healthy and happy! We 'all need to TAKE CARE of Mister Tom Baker, and his well-being!
Juliet
Happy Holidays
Houston Texas USA
JulietCatherine

Postby Emily on January 2nd, 2010, 3:50 pm

Hello everyone!

Thought I'd introduce myself, I hope this is the right place! I may end up rambling a bit, so I apologise in advance! My name's Emily (Obviously) and I'm 23, from Essex. I just completed my degree in Illustration, and now work two part time jobs to make ends meet. (Living in Cambridge isn't half expensive! But no, I didn't go to 'Cambridge' Cambridge - I was in the 'ghetto' end, at Anglia Ruskin Uni. That intelligent, I wish!) I stay there mainly for one of my jobs and passions - I teach kids martial arts classes (lots of games and throwing huge squidgy gymballs at them!) and assist in the adult classes. I'm also going to be assisting in Brick Handbag, which is a self defence course/class for women. Because this is what you do with a degree in drawing, right?

I used to want to act, still do actually, it's another passion of mine. Just when I think that it wont happen and I'm getting on well, the want to do it comes back. Watching Mr. Baker's and the other's performances has encouraged me, in a way - I had/have been very intimidated by actually going for it, and they make it look very friendly, fun and silly. (Even though I am aware that it involves a lot of hard slog and patience as well!) :P Sometimes the time just isn't right in life though, and this may be the case for me right now. However, I'm keeping a beady eye open, and I don't want to give up on this dream just yet! I'm very lucky though, I love teaching the kids and helping the adults. I feel very fortunate to have that oppourtunity, I do like helping people and being very silly, both of which it they entail me to do.

Anyway that's definitely more than enough about me!

I wasn't even born when the fourth doctor was on TV the first time - and yet I've somehow still managed to become addicted to it. (Thank you Internet!) Technically Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant are my Doctors, and though I admire them and think they did a wonderful job, I still consider Mr. Baker's Doctor to be 'my' Doctor, even though it was on before I was born. (Not just because it was great to find someone with hair as unruly as mine! Fabulous!)

The only other productions I've seen with the man himself are Agatha Christie's Marple just recently when I came home for Christmas. I actually squealed with delight when I saw him on there! My parents wondered what on Earth I was so excited about. (Oh, and Little Britain. I don't think it would be the same without that narration. ;))

Whoops! I did go on a ramble. Very sorry about the length of this post, I hope it's readable, and at least gives some small insight into what's going on. Now hopefully I can post daft things and not seem like a total crackpot! :D

I also hope that Tom has many more enjoyable, fun-filled and silly years to come. Maybe one day I'll get to wave hello and pull a silly face. (Though of course, it's easy to sound confident here on internet forums - I'd actually get stupidly shy! :)

Best wishes and hoping the New Year is treating you all marvelously!

Emz :)
Emily

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome