Welcome to the Fan Community

We welcome new members to our forum - and welcome former ones back.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Welcome to the Fan Community

Postby tracy on November 2nd, 2009, 5:30 pm

WhoGabe wrote:Hi everyone.
I'm Gabriella, from Italy. Just arrived in this virtual land. ;)
I'm going to have a look around.

hi its nice to meet you so your from italy but moved here there are people from all over on here its great have a great time how long you beena fan of tom
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby John on November 3rd, 2009, 6:25 pm

Hi gang. My names John (duh!) :lol: , I'm 34, and I'm from London. I'm a classic series fan, my favourite era being the 70's.

I'm so glad this forum's been setup; it's really cool to see so many of us from all over the world congregating here to chat about all things Tom.

Anyway...Jelly Babies all 'round!
John

Postby tracy on November 3rd, 2009, 6:45 pm

John wrote:Hi gang. My names John (duh!) :lol:
Anyway...Jelly Babies all 'round!

hi johm its great to meet you its agreat place here
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby John on November 3rd, 2009, 7:23 pm

Hi Tracy, it's lovely to meet you too. I'm very excited to be here.
John

Postby tracy on November 3rd, 2009, 7:46 pm

John wrote:Hi Tracy, it's lovely to meet you too. I'm very excited to be here.

me to so have you met tom before as you live in london ive met tom 6 times this year and i come from wolverhampton tom is a great guy certainly good for 75 and very good with his fans im glad for you that your going to love it here the web site has only been up since september lots of great things on enjoy your self where about in london do you live
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby John on November 3rd, 2009, 8:03 pm

Sadly I've never met the great man, despite all the signings and conventions he attends. I'm sure that one day I will have the honour of spending a few moments in his company (maybe he'll let me buy him a large G+T, lol) :lol:

6 times, eh? Well you certainly live up to your handle, there's no doubt about that!

I live in a town called Sutton in south east London which is about 30mins from the city.

Are you looking forward to next years DVD releases? Masque of Mandragora, Underworld and Horns of Nimon?
John

Postby tracy on November 3rd, 2009, 8:20 pm

John wrote:Sadly I've never met the great man, despite all the signings and conventions he attends. I'm sure that one day I will have the honour of spending a few moments in his company (maybe he'll let me buy him a large G+T, lol) :lol:

may be you will be able to next year.oh wow where did you find out about the dvds wow thats great 3 cant wait didnt know about that thanks john cool. if you do meet tom buy him his fave erite beer its called bishops finger tom likes that . meeting tom ive been in london alot this year conventions he has been at and the stamp shop do you know the shop
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby John on November 3rd, 2009, 8:41 pm

You can keep track of the latest upcoming DVD releases by going to the British Board of Film Censorship website (not alowed to post the link). There you can see all the trailers, commentary tracks, extras etc that have been cleared for release.

Bishops Finger, eh? I'm not a bitter drinker, but if it's Tom's favourite tipple, then I'd be happy to fill his jug!

I've only been to the Stamp Centre once, and that was a long time ago. I used to hang around in the old Forbidden Planet shop in New Oxford Street when I was a lad, but nowdays I steer clear of London, it's too busy for me.

I've never been to a convention before, I don't know why, I'm sure I'd enjoy it. Maybe I'll go to the next one in London next year, I'm sure I'd see you there!
John

Postby tracy on November 3rd, 2009, 8:55 pm

John wrote:I've never been to a convention before, I don't know why, I'm sure I'd enjoy it. Maybe I'll go to the next one in London next year, I'm sure I'd see you there!

ok thank you john. id never been to a convention my self till this year the only ones i go to are the ones that tom goes to. didnt have my laptop till last year never used one till then if i get stuck my nethew who works with computers comes and helps me i know abit now theres alot more to know but with the help of kieron i have learnd a bit. so are you ok now as you said you werwa bad lad did you get in with a bad crowd you dont have to say if you dont want to . take careits been nice chatting can i add you as a friend
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby John on November 3rd, 2009, 9:17 pm

I wouldn't say I was a bad lad, but I did hate school, and enjoyed 'bunking off' whenever I could so that I could go to the Forbidden Planet and read all the new Doctor Who Magazines and DWB as they came out. It was just so much more fun than sitting in a boring geography lesson. I'm also a fan of Blakes 7, so there was always plenty to read.

Of course you can add me as a friend, and if it's okay, I shall do likewise.
John

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome