An American role

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in March 2011 to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
Read guidelines first. Start new topic to post your question.
Ask one question per post.
Each member allowed one question per month.

An American role

Postby brianhass on March 6th, 2011, 3:44 pm

Dear Tom:

I first discovered "Doctor Who" on Iowa Public Television when I was growing up in northwest Iowa during the mid-1970's; and, I have enjoyed the program ever since. I would love to see you make an appearance in one of the newer "Doctor Who" episodes, perhaps for the show's 50th anniversary in 2013.

A number of years back, I was watching the "Star Trek: Voyager" episode, "Blink of an Eye." I was surprised when I saw Olaf Pooley make a brief appearance in the episode (recognizing him from his role as Professor Stahlman in the Pertwee "Doctor Who" story, "Inferno"). Seeing a "Doctor Who" actor in a "Star Trek" series seemed like a collision between two worlds; and, I did enjoy it.

Would you ever consider accepting a guest role in an episode of an American science-fiction television series?

I love the website! Thank you for your time!

Yours sincerely,
Brian Hass
Beresford, South Dakota, United States
Brian Hass
brianhass

Re: An American role

Postby Tom Baker on March 22nd, 2011, 9:54 pm

Dear Brian Hass,

I remember Olaf Pooley, I think I worked with him or for him. He was a well known screen writer and his son a comedian. It would have been fun if the Enterprise and the Tardis had come near to each other in Space. OR it would have been fun if Mary Tamm had come into the Tardis control room and found me watching StarTrek on TV. OR It might have been fun if Spock had managed to capture me me and I could have spun him a yarn or two. It might not have been much fun for Spock but boy, I would have loved it.

Bye bye Brian, have yourself a happy Easter,

Yours,
Tom
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for March 2011