There in spirit.

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in March 2011 to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
Read guidelines first. Start new topic to post your question.
Ask one question per post.
Each member allowed one question per month.

There in spirit.

Postby Brian Sturgill on March 5th, 2011, 5:55 pm

Hello Tom,

I was just at the Doctor Who convention in Los Angeles, and it is so lovely to get a chance to meet actors, writers, and others who have brought great delight by the program and inspired this community of fans.
Of course, we would all love to see you there one day, but your reluctance to travel is perfectly understandable.

So, I was wondering if you would ever consider appearing at such an event, even briefly, via video link?
I can imagine a representative visiting you over there wherever you would feel comfortable talking, and having cameras set up so that you could see the audience and they could see you. You could enjoy a chat, perhaps, without having to go anywhere at all, and it would be great fun for many, many of your fans across the water.

What do you think of that idea?

Wishing you well,
Brian
Brian Sturgill

Re: There in spirit.

Postby Tom Baker on March 22nd, 2011, 9:59 pm

Dear Brian,

That is an excellent idea. I could do it from my bed or in the woods with my dog Poppy and the questions could be prepared and it might go really well. Perhaps I could do my impression of Judy Garland? Who knows? Why it might mean I could do the entire convention season in bed. That has never been done before.

Tom
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for March 2011