Memories of Jacqueline Hill?

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in March 2011 to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
Read guidelines first. Start new topic to post your question.
Ask one question per post.
Each member allowed one question per month.

Memories of Jacqueline Hill?

Postby anthonyz on March 3rd, 2011, 7:30 am

Hi Tom,

I always have thought that your Fourth Doctor would work well with an older female companion. This was confirmed in the series when you were paired with Beatrix Lehmann in the Stones of Blood and more recently your partnership with Susan Brown's Mrs Wibbsey!

In Meglos you worked with one of the first Doctor Who companions, Jacqueline Hill. Do you have any memories of her and did she talk of the black-and-white days of 1963?

Keep smiling! ;)

Anthony

P.S. I am heartened that birds love sunflower seeds in your neck of the world (from your post where you hang up seed rings for them). I have two birds -- a hand-raised corella (like a cockatoo) and a talking galah ("Hello! I'm Sexy Michael" no less!) -- who cannot resist the temptation of sunflower seeds!
anthonyz

Re: Memories of Jacqueline Hill?

Postby Tom Baker on March 25th, 2011, 3:25 pm

Anthony,

I suggested to Graham Williams that we should have an old girl but he just smiled and shook his head. I also suggested a parrot and again he smiled and shook his head. But soon there will be a parrot in a story and I shall smile and shake my head tolerantly.

This is a good year for goldfinches but I don't see them flock to the niger seeds as they also like sunflower seed hearts.

Tom
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for March 2011