Dining out in London

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in February 2011 to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
Read guidelines first. Start new topic to post your question.
Ask one question per post.
Each member allowed one question per month.

Dining out in London

Postby John Hughes on February 12th, 2011, 4:06 pm

Hello there, Tom.

Firstly, may I take this opportunity to say a huge "thank you" to you for your work, and the lifetime of pleasure you have given me as Doctor Who, both in past and present. Your DVD "Tommentaries" are highly amusing. You are a voice of sanity in a world gone mad!

My question is this: The tales of your exploits in the West End/Soho of the '70s - and your times shared with the great and good in the likes of the Colony Room - are, of course, legendary. What I would like to know is, where would you recommend for eating and drinking in the West End/Soho of today? Do you still have a "favourite" pub/restaurant?

The reason I ask is that I am visiting the capital at the end of March, and would be glad to pop into a favoured haunt of yours and raise a glass of ale in your honour, sir!

Any advice would be gratefully received. Many thanks for your consideration.

All good wishes and appreciation...
John Hughes
John Hughes

Re: Dining out in London

Postby Tom Baker on February 20th, 2011, 5:32 pm

Dear John Hughes,

As far as I know I am the only survivor of my little group. The whole scene has changed with the deaths of so many of my old companions and the restaurants have changed too. Everything is destroyed by change, isn't it, good or bad. So, sad to add, I can't recommend anything about Soho. What a pity. Anyway, have a good time.

Best wishes

From Tom
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for February 2011