Pet Peeves

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in February 2011 to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
Read guidelines first. Start new topic to post your question.
Ask one question per post.
Each member allowed one question per month.

Pet Peeves

Postby anthonyz on February 6th, 2011, 9:58 pm

Dear Tom,

Thank you for the opportunity each month to allow us fans a glimpse into the window of your mind. It is much easier than using a miniature Doctor and Leela do battle with a giant prawn! (The Invisible Enemy reference).

Do you have any particular pet peeves which get up your goat (or whippet)? Examples include chain emails, stuck zippers, Monday mornings, malfunctioning umbrellas, 'shush-ers', lost buttons, queue-jumpers, lack of manners, untimely mobile phones, dodgy spelling, ... etc. I am sure you have a few of your own!

Ta,

Anthony
anthonyz

Re: Pet Peeves

Postby Tom Baker on February 7th, 2011, 4:01 pm

Dear Anthony,

I try to be tolerant when I'm out and about, but trains are an ordeal. I keep my head down as there are always wags who loudly call me "Mr. Pertwee": which starts a public debate about who was the first Doctor. And then cell-phones drive me towards silent frenzy. When my phone calls me, and it quite often does, I always whisper and keep the contact short. And when I've pocketed my instrument people nearby say, "Wow! What a whisper!" But my favourite madness-inducing moment was recently when a woman flossed her teeth on the 6.25 Wadhurst to Charing Cross train. And a sarcastic man muttered "How was the Chicken Jalfrezi last night?" To which the brazen flosser replied: "Jalfreizi? Oh, that was the night before." - and carried on flossing.

Best wishes

Tom
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for February 2011