Star gazing live

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in January 2011 to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
Read guidelines first. Start new topic to post your question.
Ask one question per post.
Each member allowed one question per month.
Tom will answer a maximum of 30 questions per month.

Star gazing live

Postby Tony1802 on January 6th, 2011, 10:19 pm

Hi Tom,

Happy new year !

I guess have been asked before but do you have any interest in astronomy ?

Have you had the chance to watch sky watch live on the beeb ? Prof **** is bringing new life into subject. I would be interested to know what you think. I laughed when asked what planet he could see in the night sky Jonathan Ross replied 'galifrey'. Light pollution is difficult where we are but I try to use the telescope every now and then.

Best regards

Tony
Tony1802

Re: Star gazing live

Postby Tom Baker on January 7th, 2011, 5:10 pm

Dear Tony,

I haven't seen the programme you mention, but as I always go to bed before dark I'm not all that familiar with the sky at night. I remember an American fan explaining to me that the whole universe was built in a week, well six days, to be exact. I would have thought it would have taken a bit longer than a week. So I read the book that the American gave me. It's quite a good book in its way. Have you read it? Bit of a hoot really. It starts with a man and a woman in a garden and ends with revelations. But in between it's packed with incidents. I really recommend it. I love a good book. I wrote one myself years ago but I wouldn't recommend it.

Gaze on, Tony, gaze on.
And a happy new year for you.
Tom
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for January 2011