Bessie

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in January 2011 to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
Read guidelines first. Start new topic to post your question.
Ask one question per post.
Each member allowed one question per month.
Tom will answer a maximum of 30 questions per month.

Bessie

Postby The Cloaked One on January 5th, 2011, 12:25 am

Pertwee loved planes, trains and automobiles and spent a lot of his tenure riding around in Bessie. Bessie only made one appearance during your run and a few other now and again. Did you not like the car? Or the producers? Or was it just considered an object of the old era and written out like the First Doctor's ring? I found myself wondering this the other day. XD
Si-Fy and Fantasy, that is where my heart lies. To Doctor Who and its 18 years of brilliance, still waiting on the 50 yr anniversary!
The Cloaked One

Re: Bessie

Postby Tom Baker on January 7th, 2011, 5:21 pm

Dear XD,

I did not like Bessie at all. It was too small for me and too quaint. I did not want to take on other peoples' props and I have never had much interest in cars or frilly shirts and velvet capes. Now that my hair is white I am often taken for John Pertwee. And I am quite happy to sign autographs in John's name. After all I don't want to upset his fans who think he is still alive. As for the producers, I got on pretty well with them. Philip Hinchcliffe was my favourite. And I got along with most of the directors too. David Maloney did a wonderful job on The Talons of Weng something or other.

Happy New Year from Tom
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for January 2011