The 5 Doctors

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in November to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
Read guidelines first. Start new topic to post your question.
Ask one question per post.
Each member allowed one question per month.
Tom will answer a maximum of 30 questions per month.

The 5 Doctors

Postby Brett Williams on November 23rd, 2010, 11:27 pm

Tom,

I want to let you know how much I love you as Doctor Who. Growing up in the States I use to watch you on our local PBS station each week with my dad. Recently I have purchased many of your serials on DVD and love the stories as they bring me back to the days of my youth, but I also enjoy listening to your commentary and insight on each episode. Thank you for all you've done and currently do.

My question to you is about the Five Doctors special: I am curious why you didn't participate in the special? Keep in mind I don't have all the information and details of why you weren't in this special. My reason for why I ask this question is because as a child I was devastated when you left as The Doctor and I looked forward to seeing you in the role again, and was saddened that you didn't have big part in the story.

Thanks for everything Tom!

Brett
Brett Williams

Re: The 5 Doctors

Postby Tom Baker on December 8th, 2010, 1:41 pm

Dear Brett,

Thank you for sharing your sweet childhood memories. At the time of the 5 Doctors the pain of leaving the series was still very sharp. So to discover that there were 4 other so called Doctors was too much for me. I didn't want to share the magic which I felt was mine. Silly and selfish, Brett but you wanted to know.

Happy Christmas from old Tom
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for November 2010