Shyness?

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in August to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
Read guidelines first. Start new topic to post your question.
Ask one question per post.
Each member allowed one question per month.
Tom will answer a maximum of 30 questions per month.

Shyness?

Postby Marcello Cristiano on August 3rd, 2010, 1:11 am

Dear Tom:

I'm a person that has dealt with shyness my whole life(especially around beautiful women. Still to this day, I have not had the pleasure of having a girlfriend). My question to you is: Have you ever had a phase in your life where you have had to deal with shyness around people? Many thanks in advance! :)

LOVE,

Marcello
:)

P.S. I can't wait to hear your Demon Quest 5 part series on BBC Audio! :D A HUGE THANK YOU to you for returning as the ULTIMATE DOCTOR WHO!
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Re: Shyness?

Postby Tom Baker on August 5th, 2010, 3:41 pm

Dear Marcello,

I'm so sorry to hear of your agony. I too used to be smitten with paralysing attacks of shyness but only in the presence of ugly women. And when I was in the presence of beautiful women THEY were paralysed with shyness. This agony, and I choose the word carefully, also extended to my relationship with God Herself. Dreadful, eh? And so when I used to chat to her, I prefer the word chat to the word pray, you may not believe this, but She became shy too. This led to a complete rupture in our relationship from which I have still not entirely recovered. Anyway, sad to report, I spotted Her only the other day just north of Oxford street and my, how my old heart went boom! I raised a sad hand to wave but She crossed the street and, flicking Her highlights she turned briskly into Rathbone Place and disappeared. I don't want to complain because I worship my wife and she is always glad to see me and whatever I pray for she grants me.

The Devil on the other hand has always been very fair to me but I won't lay that tale on your patience. I once knew a man who was so shy that when he was at a party he would stand behind the door with his face to the wall which meant that every time a guest arrived and the door was thrown open he received a thudding blow to the back of his head. He never married.

Good luck from Tom.
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for August 2010