Modern technology

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in July to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
Read guidelines first. Start new topic to post your question.
Ask one question per post.
Each member allowed one question per month.
Tom will answer a maximum of 30 questions per month.

Modern technology

Postby LaurieY on July 4th, 2010, 3:54 pm

Hello Tom,

I'm delighted to have found this website but was surprised to hear that you have a DOG after listening to you wax poetic about cats for so many years! However, perhaps it was in the cards all along. You've often said that you want to be adored, and dogs are masterful adorers!

Back in the days of The Friends of Tom Baker, when I was manually pasting together newsletters, I could never have imagined being able to disseminate information worldwide as quickly and easily as is possible via the web. But then, I sometimes still feel astounded by the fact that we're all walking around with gadgets in our pockets similar to Star Trek communicators! I'm curious to know if you're among those who take such technological developments for granted or if perhaps you sometimes find yourself feeling as amazed by them as I do?

My best always to you and Sue...and Happy Independence Day! :D

Laurie
LaurieY

Re: Modern technology

Postby Tom Baker on July 17th, 2010, 11:17 am

Dear Laurie,

But then I was brought up to believe in the instant communication of contact with the creator of the universe by merely thinking about him. And also that he knew what I wanted before I had even realised that I wanted it. And that, to top it all, He would give me what I wanted if I believed in Him. So you see although I'm impressed by Steve and I think he does a great Job I had already imagined instant contact. Of course I was never alone in this. Which brings us to the complaint that many christians dare not mutter: "There is no privacy for the Christian, oh, no, he is never ever ALONE, for God is EVERYWHERE!

from old Tom
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for July 2010