If you had to leave Old Blighty...

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in July to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
Read guidelines first. Start new topic to post your question.
Ask one question per post.
Each member allowed one question per month.
Tom will answer a maximum of 30 questions per month.

If you had to leave Old Blighty...

Postby biddenden_sue on July 3rd, 2010, 6:36 am

Hello again, Mr Baker.

I was wondering, as I frequently do, about what we would all do if we had advance warning of a massive earthquake that would see the UK sink into the sea. I have odd thoughts like this and many others.

Now I know that you love your home, and your wandering days are over, but if you were given a 48 hour warning to evacuate, never to be able to return, with the knowledge that this great Kingdom was doomed to sink to the bottom of the ocean, where in the world would you relocate to?

Where would be your second choice to become your HOME? And what would draw you there?

I look forward to your reply. Thank you in anticipation.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. Douglas Adams.
biddenden_sue

Re: If you had to leave Old Blighty...

Postby Tom Baker on July 12th, 2010, 10:43 am

Sue from Biddenden,

No place else. I have arrived in our little haven and it is an effort to go out for the papers. I hope I would be able to face the Apocalypse you imagine with some courage.

I once had a lovely Italian meal in Biddenden in a restaurant called The Maids. The zabaglione was just wonderful.

Tom
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for July 2010