Lemon Street, Liverpool

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in July to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
Read guidelines first. Start new topic to post your question.
Ask one question per post.
Each member allowed one question per month.
Tom will answer a maximum of 30 questions per month.

Lemon Street, Liverpool

Postby BobF on July 2nd, 2010, 1:10 pm

Hello Tom, thank you for taking these questions.

I recently left Liverpool after nearly 40 years there and used to work close to Lemon Street, where I believe you were from. I wondered how you felt about your old neighbourhood and have you ever been back?
I suppose it's quite different now!I'm rather enjoying being away, I must admit...

Thanks for your time.

Best wishes
Bob
BobF

Re: Lemon Street, Liverpool

Postby Tom Baker on July 12th, 2010, 10:37 am

Dear Bob,

I left Liverpool so long ago - 61 years! I did go back to the areas I knew, Fountains Rd & Everton Valley. There was a theatre there called the Gaiety and, of course, at the junction of Stanley Rd and Scotland Rd there was the Rotunda. But as I cruised around, so many places had simply vanished. Later I worked at The Empire and The Shakespeare in Wilde St, I think, off London Rd. As a kid I used to hang about Lime Street Station. There were 5 cinemas in Lime St. And many years later I stayed at the Adelphi Hotel. My mother would have been proud of me. And I knew some churches. But I have some sweet memories of the war.

Best wishes

Tom
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for July 2010