Life, The universe, and Tom Baker

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in July to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
Read guidelines first. Start new topic to post your question.
Ask one question per post.
Each member allowed one question per month.
Tom will answer a maximum of 30 questions per month.

Life, The universe, and Tom Baker

Postby genesis1 on July 1st, 2010, 7:47 pm

I think every Tom Baker fan is aware that 'Tom Baker' had a brush with God way back, in fact they new each other quite well, but then went there separate ways. ;)
So, now that you have more time to enjoy your fruits of your hard labour, and your sitting back in a chair enjoying a chilled fermented grape of your choice, on a hot summers day. What are Tom's thoughts on such philosophical questions as life itself. Do we live on in the universe? Is there a creator? Or are we all just a freak of nature that happened quite by accident. Your thoughts Tom. :)

Jon.
genesis1

Re: Life, The universe, and Tom Baker

Postby Tom Baker on July 12th, 2010, 10:27 am

Jon,

I went into an Oxfam shop yesterday and asked if they had a bible, the King James version. The 13 people in the shop froze and then, unfreezing, all looked at each other. A woman at the back of the shop called out: "We can do you a **** manual." This got a laugh. I then asked for a Koran. Iciness descended. So off I went to the Heart Foundation in the next alleyway. Same response! Frost in the shop and the temperature outside about 29! I'm thinking of recording the book of Genesis from God's P.O.V. naturally I will play the Lord. Will anyone listen? Last night I read Ecclesiastes! Oh, Lord what a smart ****. But I got through it. And then I scoured the whole bible for jokes or laughter! During my days of religious mania we were not encouraged to laugh. And do you know why? Because in the New Testament Jesus never laughed once, not once. I think Luke Ch. 21 V6 used the word laugh once and that's it. I think it can be dangerous these days to talk about religion or make jokes about it. Elisha was touchy about his bald spot and called out wild bears who gobbled up the children who were jeering. So I think I should not provoke wild boars by reference to the Main Man.

Tom
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for July 2010